• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Timid Baby Corn

klvan

We have a 12inch baby corn. This is our first snake for my sons and we enjoy him/her?? He eats really well and seems very healthy but we don't ever see him out and about during the day. My son's keep saying, "When will we get to see him climb?" After much reading, I know they are mostly nocturnal but do they GENERALLY get more brave, the older they get?

Some will get out more in the day as they get older. Others never do. I have a few that you only see out if you check in on them after midnight. Snakes are secretive by nature and are more likley to stay hidden than not. I hope yours turns out to be in the more active catagory:)

Shy Babies

I find that the older mine get, the lazier they get. I see the babies out checking things around their tank about 8 - 9 pm. The older guys come out later. But if you want to see action just take them out at playtime. At our house, depending on who it is, you get to see a lot of movement. Have fun with your babies and see how their personalities develop along with you and your snake relationships. Cornelius and Sauron are the funniest, all you have to do is come in the room and they want to check you out. "Got Food?" Sam :0)

In my experiences, I would tend to agree with Sam. When they were young they would always be out checking their tank, seeing what I was up to and what the dog was up to but now they pretty much just laze around without a care in the world! I do notice that they are very active after I have cleaned their tank. I guess they must be re-scenting it or something?? :confused:

My little one gets all peved with me when I clean out her cage.
Also might be because I clean the cage out in the morning
:eek:

I know what you mean, Rachel...

Mine almost always "poo" in their cages right after I clean them. It gets quite frustrating sometimes.
:p :D :p

My corns always come out and explore their cages and check things out day or night except after they've eaten or are just about to shed. Just let your corn get used to it's new home and over time it should start coming out of it's hides. My snakes were all like that as hatchlings as well.

Re: I know what you mean, Rachel...

CornCrazy said:
Mine almost always "poo" in their cages right after I clean them. It gets quite frustrating sometimes.
:p :D :p

Yeah! I cleaned out the big tank the other day (have separated them all I'm sure most will be glad to know). Pretzel did his usual and messed up the cage straight away :mad: So I went in, took out the poo and the little ba$*ard looked up at me, stuck his tongue out and crapped AGAIN! Like a little child, if he could talk I'm sure he would have said 'so there...whatcha gonna do now hmmmm?'

HI, I'm a litte new to keeping corn snakes and every one in this forum as helped me in one way or another I have a baby corn who is exactly like yours it never comes out unless I wake it but its true as they get older the do come out on show more my friend has a adult snow corn that has more hiding places than any snake I ever saw but it choses to sleep and rest near the doors the hiding thing I think they grow out of

One of mine comes out when it starts getting dark, then goes back in at some point, then comes out at dawn like clockwork. I get up for school at 5:30 am usually so I see him roaming around right around the time when the sun comes up
His schedule is like clockwork unless he's in shed or digesting a big meal. Hehe I love him to death; he's so weirdly cute in a zillion ways

Loves her baby ~~~~:~

Iris, You love your baby so much.... but I can't remember his name. What do you call him besides pumpkindoodle? Sam ~~~~~~:~ :)

Back