• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Tint my hide!!!

SteveAlbert

This is an idea that i've always thought about, i don't intend to do it, not yet anyway. Basically the idea can work on two things; a hide house or the actual VIV perhaps. Would it work to get a nice glass vase as a hide house, and tint it inside out.

If you don't know what tinting glass means, usually in cars people tint their windows so they can see the outside without people seeing them on the inside.

Now if we manage to put that same tint sticker on the inside of the hide house(inside out), the snake wouldnt be able to see anything outside, but we would be able to see it perfectly. I think this can also help petshops because they want to show off their snakes so they don't always provide houses for the pets on sale. Also we can see our pretties whenever they're sleeping.

What do you guys think? Is this a good idea, what am i missing?

Thats a really good idea! And you can get different shades and colours of tint as well right? I think it would be quite hard to get it to stick perfectly, without any creases on the inside but nonetheless tis a great idea!!

if i were you id look into spray tint you might need a sealant after though

I believe they sell pre-tinted glass and plexiglass for windows, I think my dad used some on a job years ago. It would be a great idea, especially with the more shy pets.

Hmm i guess i will give it a shot if i find some tinted sheets.

I suddenly have an image of this whole crystal-glass tank where everything is see through. Real sexy,,,ofcourse wouldn't do it, but would be nice in a bond movie.

Ooh yeah a tank like that would be awesome. Sure beats the slightly frosted locking tub I have mine in now! XD

wow!!
wish i had thought of that!
you should patent it before one of those big reptile companies do.

the spray tint sounds good if such a thing exists

If you use standard tinting material, it wouldn't matter which side you put it on. Whoever is on the darker side can see out. Whoever is on the brighter side can't see in. You would have to use the one-way tint (mirrorred). But using that would put the mirrored side in the hide giving the appearance that there is another snake in there. I don't see how that wouldn't stress out your snake.

This idea would work if you tint the entire enclosure. But, you'd have to use bright lights to make the inside brighter than outside of the enclosure. That way the snake can't see out but you can see in.

Back