• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Tiny corn snakes

Yvette

I am Yvette.
I have a tiny corn snake. He is seriously tiny. He was eating as much as he should when he was younger, but when I noticed that he was not growing I gave him more than he needs. He is a lot smaller than corn snakes his age, but eats more than them. I'm assuming he is just a little guy, and will stay small his whole life. My question is, how common is this? Does anyone else have a small snake? (not small because it used to have an owner who didn't feed it, but because it's just small).

They all grow at different rates. Some start small and stay that way, others hit a sudden growth spurt. Size isn't an absolute indicator of health, though a lack of growth when receiving proper food isn't common. Not to worry. Some individuals are simply smaller. They can be great pets, though it may not be a great idea to breed them.

To better answer your question, I have a few questions to help figure out what's going on. How much does your little guy weigh? What and how often are you feeding him? What are the temperatures in his viv like? Does he have constant access to fresh water? How often does he shed? How long have you had him?

They all grow at different rates. Some start small and stay that way, others hit a sudden growth spurt. Size isn't an absolute indicator of health, though a lack of growth when receiving proper food isn't common. Not to worry. Some individuals are simply smaller. They can be great pets, though it may not be a great idea to breed them.

To better answer your question, I have a few questions to help figure out what's going on. How much does your little guy weigh? What and how often are you feeding him? What are the temperatures in his viv like? Does he have constant access to fresh water? How often does he shed? How long have you had him?

Back