• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

To Big?

Pandora

my jungle (don't know how old) is about 2 and a half feet. thye people i got her from said she was eating mice. i didnt know when i went to buy her mice, so i got fuzzies. she ate two the first feeding and three the next with no problems. when they ran out i bought her mice(frozen) i am feeding her one right now and its taking her a long time to get it down.its almost there. should it be taking this long? will it hurt her even if she gets it all the way down. can she choke? i am worried. any help would be appreciated. also if anyone knows how big roughly jungles get i would be really grateful. thanks

If she ate 3 fuzzies and you just fed her one mouse, it should be okay. At that size, I would assume a mouse shouldn't be a problem though. If it's too much, you'll have to deal with a regurg in a day or two.

Should be okay, but if she is having problems, I would step back down to feeding her two smaller items instead of one huge item. try stepping her back to two hoppers and see how she takes that. Let her build up a little more mass before you try bigger food items. Corns have more elasticity in their skin than other colubrids (kingsnakes, rats, milks etc) have, and kingsnakes are also smaller than corns. Her having king blood in her will defnitly limit her to a smaller size prey item than a corn about her length. Play it safe. If she does regurge, let her digestive system build back up and try feeding her again in about 10 days or so. If you try to feed her too soon again, she will either regurge it again, or have more problems with digesting. Jungles can get about 3-5 ft, but 5 footers are little more rare, and most likely the bigger they are, the more corn blood they have in them. This definitly depends on the actual snake though.

thanks for the info. she did eat it but it definately took her some time. she hasn't come out of her hide though all day and she always comes out at least once. i'll just watch her and see. thanks for the info about how big she'll get. i know alot of people don't like the hybrid thing, so i usually don't ask to many specific questions. i have looked on the web for info on jungles and not much is available. i want to get a corn i have most of the tank stuff, but the snake itself is kinda expensive. i got pandora for free.

Don't listen to all the hopplah about hybrids. Its just personal preference. I have 2 pairs of amel banded and hust regular amel jungles that I breed a year. I love them. I'm not that big of a fan of rat/corn hybrids, but I love jungles. I get alot of crap for it, but I don't care. Do you have any pics of Pandora? I'd love to see her.

all i have right now is a webcam. and getting her to hold still is tricky. i am going to see if i can borrow my dads digital camera this weekened. i'll put up pics of her as soon as i can. at first glance she looks like a corn (maybe a caramel) her saddles are really defined. i think her head is what looks different. i really want to get a corn too.i can't wait to put up pics i've wanted to since i started talking on this forum. i have to admit i'm a little bummed that she won't get any bigger. hopefully i can get a corn one of these days.

Back