• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

To quote GWAR, Saddam a go-go

it wasent him :) thats mine, i think a person of such powerfullness would not just be "cought" exactly why they would not allow DNA testing! :p

If anyone deserved the death penalty, it was Saddam. What else do you do with a mass-murdering former president? I'm amazed that it was handled so swiftly. I wonder how the people of Iraq feel.

I'm pretty ambivalent about the rest of the events over there. I naively thought that once Saddam was out of power, the people would take advantage of that and make a fresh start in a democratic country. They just can't do it, though- it's their nature to savagely attack each other until the whole place is in ruins. They just aren't like us. It makes me sad.

Nanci

I don't know that I would say it's in their nature... as to me that is something like a horse running when scared. Something nature put there. I do think a major problem with current plans is that no one seems to want to acknowledge that these folks have been fighting each for thousands of years. The religion distorted to praise those that die while killing infidels. That's not something that's going to be changed in a few years. That's one heck of a lot of conditioning to overcome.

I was rather amazed at how fast it happened. Fortunately it sounds like Iraq isn't being torn apart any more than normal from the event.

Did anyone else find it a little strange/sad/disturbing that people were dancing over his body? I just cannot imagine loathing anyone so much that I felt a need to dance over their dead body.... :shrugs:

Hypancistrus said:
Did anyone else find it a little strange/sad/disturbing that people were dancing over his body? I just cannot imagine loathing anyone so much that I felt a need to dance over their dead body.... :shrugs:

i would dance on his face if allowed.........

Hypancistrus said:
not even hitler, or Osama Bin laden?I mean Saddam was a mass murder as well! He killed ton a people. I could see it happening, to be honest i am surprised that is all they did.

I am impressed at the amount if time between sentencing and execution.
No societal drain, no overcrowding of death row, no years of appeals, no private room with a TV and video games, no '3 hots and a cot' while you earn your law degree for free......

I wish they would have tried him for the murder of tens of thousands of Kurds before they executed him for the murder of one hundred Shias. Obviously, murdering Shias, particularly young boys, is simply terrible, but both Sunnis and Shias agreed that gassing the Kurds was an atrocity.

To have executed him before that second trial contributes to the idea that the Shia are enjoying their moment on the pendulum.

obligatory cornsnake content: As far as I can tell, my cornsnake has no opinion on this matter.

cornsnakekid92 said:
not even hitler, or Osama Bin laden?I mean Saddam was a mass murder as well!

I don't think so... I wouldn't really know unless it was something that happened directly to me, I guess.

cornsnakekid92 said:
not even hitler, or Osama Bin laden?I mean Saddam was a mass murder as well! He killed ton a people. I could see it happening, to be honest i am surprised that is all they did.

I remember hearing a song called "Hitler was a sensitive man"
He was a vegetarian and went to Art school.

Haha, anyways.

Saddam, in my opinion, deserved it.
He killed so many people, I wonder how you would feel if he killed someone in your family, surely you would want him dead?

I would.

Back