• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

tonight on fox: when good mice go bad

Thoth

the n00biest n00b
How long can you leave a thawed mouse in with a snake before it's too late to re-freeze should the snake refuse? Keep in mind that where I live it's been in the upper 70's/low 80's lately.

I'm feeding Eve a fuzzy every 6-7 days. She was supposed to feed on January 7, but I noticed she was blue, and she has a history of refusing when blue, so I figured I'd wait for her to shed. She's had a humid hide in with her, but she has yet to shed. Tonight would mark another 6-day period, so I put a fuzzy in with her, hoping for the best. If she doesn't eat it by tomorrow morning, can I re-freeze the mouse? I won't leave it all day tomorrow because the room's bound to get warm, and I don't want the mouse to spoil in the heat. I don't want her first meal in 2 weeks to be a spoiled mouse.

Thanks,
jimmie

P.S. I haven't really been on the board since October, so... hello again!

There are times I leave overnight, but then they are pitched in the morning if not eaten. From what I have heard, it is possible to refreeze once, but I have always just pitched it just to be on the safe side.

If it's left overnight I don't think it would be safe to refreeze.

If it's only thawed for an hour or 2 it might be ok, but not overnight.

Thanks. My question turned out to be moot. When I got home later that night, the mouse was gone, there was a fresh shed (she hadn't shed in about 2 months), and there was a huge pile of ...junk. She hadn't done that in a while, either.

Back