• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Too big a pinkie

Navbouy24

Just fed my corn,chose a mouse dropped it in the tub with the snake,snake struck lached on,BUT the pinkie was huge compared to him,he nearly turned himself inside out trying to get it down.
Took half an hour working really hard but managed in the end.
Will this cause him any harm because he looks like a hose with a tennis ball stuck half way down.funny but a bit worried.

Just fed my corn,chose a mouse dropped it in the tub with the snake,snake struck lached on,BUT the pinkie was huge compared to him,he nearly turned himself inside out trying to get it down.
Took half an hour working really hard but managed in the end.
Will this cause him any harm because he looks like a hose with a tennis ball stuck half way down.funny but a bit worried.

Sounds somewhat normal, without pictures it hard to say.
But a gereral rule is to feed the snake a food item that is 1 1/2 time the snakes bigest girth!. so...something a little bigger than it widest body.

Give it the normal 48 hours without handling and I think you should be fine.

Sounds somewhat normal, without pictures it hard to say.
But a gereral rule is to feed the snake a food item that is 1 1/2 time the snakes bigest girth!. so...something a little bigger than it widest body.

Give it the normal 48 hours without handling and I think you should be fine.

Thanks Lennycorn,I did know the 1-1/2 rule,but this was way bigger,I suppose it's like anything new you tend to panic until you know the ropes.
Once again thanks for putting my mind at rest.

I would think he'll be fine. When I had my first corn snake, I gave him two small fuzzies after being on double pinks for a while, and I thought he'd explode. But he was just fine :)

My hognose is my garbage disposal for whatever the other snakes won't eat. Once she ate four adult mice in one sitting. She looked like a sausage, but was just fine.

Cheers guys,checked him this morning,it's the first time he's been under his substrate since I got him,I guess he needs the heat to digest the monster feed.lol
Once again thank you all.

There is a chance of a regurge for some snakes when you overfeed, but it's probably not going to be an issue.

Back