• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

too fast?

Jay633

my corn weighing in at 130grams... takes 9 grams of food (2 mice one at 5g and one at 4g) and the next day his bump is completely gone... nd hes hungry.. course i dont feed him but would 3 mice be too much?? i understand its alot in length but i mean he should be eating more than 9grams... opinions? comments? suggestions??

The Munson Plan

This is a really good "guideline" for feeding your snake. A 130g snake would be in the 14-20g range for food items, so he could definitely do with a bit bigger meal! Is it possible for you to find some bigger mice? If not I don't think it's necessarily bad to feed multiples, as long as it's within the weight range. Good luck!

yeah i can but i have about 30 more mice left out of the 100 that i ordered... so i figure to use those up then order more right.... so 3 might be good? even lengthwise??

yeah i can but i have about 30 more mice left out of the 100 that i ordered... so i figure to use those up then order more right.... so 3 might be good? even lengthwise??

I don't *think* the length really matters, in fact a couple smaller mice may be easier to digest then the single larger meal?? If you are worried you could try feeding 2 and a half for a couple feedings (you can cut it in half while frozen), but I think 3 will be fine, considering they are about 5g each and 15g would be at the lower end of the 14-20g bracket. I couldn't find anything between hoppers and adult mice for a long time so Chai had to do double hoppers all the way up to adult mice! He looks so depressed when he doesn't get a 2nd helping now. :)

aha well i heard that feeding 3 can cause them to stop eating for a while...and yes i think it should be fine since it needs a higher amount of weight... i will try it and see what happeneds...

Back