• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Too soon to feed again?

QuickSilver

As previously posted we found our 02 amel escapee after 2 1/2 months on Sunday. She hadn't grown any in length and was thin but not as much as I would have expected. She was very thirsty. Monday, early in the day, we fed her 2 day old pinkies (very tiny) which she ate well. She did not regurge. I can see through her pretty easily and this morning the small amount of waste leftover from them was visible near her cloaca. I assume she will have pooped by the time I get home tonight. Is it too soon to feed her again? Still small feedings, right?

It seems she needs to be fed a little bit more. I agree with Tim put her back on her regular feeding and see how she does.

Well, although she had done well with her first meal (after we found her) and was cruising for another, I must have fed her again too soon. The first meal was on Monday and then Friday night I fed her 2 medium sized pinkies which she wolfed down. She regurged Sunday. Her temps on the warm side are thermastatically controlled to be between 85-90 degrees, so I'm not thinking it was a temperature thing. Still might be, though, since it's so hot here that we moved both snakes downstairs for the summer months and the ambient temperature is 60-67 degrees (coldest at night). My other guy hasn't had any problems with regurges but he is quite a bit bigger.

So, I'll follow the protocol for a regurge and see what happens.

Could be a couple of things

We recently have a hot day that raised my temp ~5 degree above normal. This occured 30 hours after feeding and I had four regurges from some very good feeders that have never given me a problem.

Also, You may want to give her digestive system a change to stabilize after being off-track for such a long period. I'd stick with smaller meals offered more frequently vs. a pinkie buffet. :)

Be patient, things will work out!

Back