• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Try #2

I give up

I got the picture down to 12kb and it still say that the file is too large when I try to set it as my profile pic. I've tried setting it as a file from my laptop, and I've tried posting it from Photobucket. No luck. I guess it's not that important to have a picture.

I got the picture down to 12kb and it still say that the file is too large when I try to set it as my profile pic. I've tried setting it as a file from my laptop, and I've tried posting it from Photobucket. No luck. I guess it's not that important to have a picture.

Are you resizing the images in photobucket and using the
codes provided on there?

Yeah, with Photobucket. When I try to put the IMG code in the window, I get a "failed to load file" message. When I try to put the direct link in the window, I get "Upload failed due to failure writing temporary file."

What's even more annoying, is under "edit profile picture" it shows my picture. But it doesn't show up when I post.

Are you trying to edit your profile picture, or add photos to a post? The profile picture has a max resolution of 640x640 pixels and a file size of 48kb.

There is a known bug in the system with uploading photos via the URL method (that error message you mentioned). The workaround is to upload it from your computer or use the IMG tag within a post. Both of those methods should work.

Thanks. I'm trying to add the above picture to my profile picture. I've tried it both with photobucket, and from my computer. Both ways produce nothing but error messages. The photo is only like 320x240 and 12 kb. Oh well. Thanks anyway.

That photo is showing just fine as your profile picture so I guess you figured it out. Or maybe, are you trying to make it your avatar as well?

What's even more annoying, is under "edit profile picture" it shows my picture. But it doesn't show up when I post.

Your "Profile Picture" is what shows up on your actual profile page, not the picture that shows up whenever you post. That's called your "Avatar". :)

Back