• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Trying to find hog island boa is so damn hard!

Lewis25

Sorry to put the same post up but I'm dying to get a hog island boa but trying to find a hatchling in Scotland is near impossible , so if anyone knows someone who can help me out let me know please !

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Dude, my local Mom and Pop store as a gorgeous Hog Island Boa, hes over priced ($199) but hes gorgeous.

Ive found 1 in the uk £150 cb13 thinking of getting it ! Would a 50L tub be ok to house this in until he gets bigger then i will put him in a 4x2x2 viv ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ive found 1 in the uk £150 cb13 thinking of getting it ! Would a 50L tub be ok to house this in until he gets bigger then i will put him in a 4x2x2 viv ?

How big is he? I don't know Liters, LOL sorry

<<SolidSnake>>

50L is about 13 gallon . I dont know its online i will ask wen i go to but him

Without knowing the specific dimensions of the tub I did a quick search online for sterilites 50 gallon storage. It's dimensions are more than adequate to house a boa of that age for a while probably. Just make sure you get it all set up properly (heating, hides, water, ventilation, and LID SECURITY!) before getting the snake and I say go for it! Given how tricky they are to find in your neck of the woods, if you truly want one then the 150 shouldn't be too much of an issue (as long as you can actually afford it). I know if a species I've been dying for was readily available, if overpriced, I'd personally still go for it as long as the budget allowed.

Cheers nythain Ive found some one who is selling one 40 mins away from me and I'm getting a viv a heatmat and thermostat for 150 probs about $250 then am going to get 2 custom vivs built :) I'm all happy now haha I've found my new hobby lol .

See with a wooden viv where do you place the Heat Mat , someone told me but I can't remember ?

Cheers nythain Ive found some one who is selling one 40 mins away from me and I'm getting a viv a heatmat and thermostat for 150 probs about $250 then am going to get 2 custom vivs built :) I'm all happy now haha I've found my new hobby lol .

See with a wooden viv where do you place the Heat Mat , someone told me but I can't remember ?

Glad you finally found one.
<SolidSnake>

Aw are you solidsnake from the other forum. ? Will get pics up later on

Back