• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Tub problem

Kitty

You rang?
I can't seem to get this one off the shelf. Any suggestions?

Attachments

• PICT0300.JPG
    PICT0300.JPG
    86.4 KB · Views: 71
Water squirt bottle. All it took with my cat was about 5X's. Now she won't even come in the room, when she knows I'm around that is. If I'm in the room and she's by the door, all I have to do is pick up the bottle and she goes running.:sidestep:

Haha just look at that face. I'd say the best solution is to fill that empty spot; if not sticky double sided tape seems to solve many cat things.

lol. I've had that problem. I think it's a combo of heat tape being like a magnet to heat seeking kitties, plus they know they will get attention even if it's negative! My cat knows the dreaded spray bottle well, & a 'pffft' sound will also sometimes get her to move...

The squirt bottle is soooo old school, the Super Soaker is much more fun, and they learn the squeek it makes when you start to pump air into it.... :grin01:

What problem??

I consider a kitty helper a bonus! If you drop a mouse, it won't usually escape. Just don't drop a snake! And just make sure the screens on cages are heavy duty so they won't fall through. I love my kitties keeping me company whenever possible.

My cat just loves to sit on top of the screen lids. That would be fine if she was a little cat that weighed 8 or 9 pounds, but she is a huge tabby that weighs 15! So I use a product called an X-Mat to keep her off the viv lids. Its shaped like an X and has little sharp bumps all over it. Not too comfy for paw pads, but not enough to really hurt them. Here's a link to them. They come in different sizes. Mine was square, but I cut it in half with a bandsaw and use it on 2 different viv lids.

http://www.drsfostersmith.com/Product/Prod_Display.cfm?pcatid=10301&N=2002+2017

Actually, she's not such a problem. Ultra-curious about the snakes, but listens when I tell her 'no.' Especially after she bopped one snake on the head as I was handling it and I bopped her right back.

As for squirt bottles, if we need her to go away, we only need to show her the canned air (for dusting keyboards). She immediately high-tails it out of the room, turns in the hallway, and hisses at us. Hates that thing passionately. :grin01:

She's still the household darling, spoiled rotten, and Daddy's girl. I wouldn't trade her for the world.

Kitty said:
As for squirt bottles, if we need her to go away, we only need to show her the canned air (for dusting keyboards). She immediately high-tails it out of the room, turns in the hallway, and hisses at us. Hates that thing passionately. :grin01:
Lol, that's the rottweilers favorite toy, I think she loves that cold blast on her. She gets excited, barks, and wants to jump in your lap when we pick it up...

I Pfff at them, then growl (yes, it does work), then the spray and if I can't get them with that and they just hide under furniture, I just get the hoover out and as soon as they see it they run, I don't even need to plug it in!

Back