• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Twix Progression - Eating pix

DeadMouse

Hungry, hungry Hognose!
Well, Twix is on her way to putting some weight on. She's finally grown so accustomed to us that whenever she's hungry and see's us, she goes right up to the front of her tub and squirms about no longer afraid of us. She's definitely a very personable little hoggie. This is her third time eating for us within an 8 day spread. I'm quite shocked because most of my other babies usually like to eat every 4-6 days, but this one is a chow hound and has quite the metabolism. So I thought I would share some pics of her eating, enjoy!

eating-01.jpg

This is just a close-up of the above picture.
eating-03.jpg

eating-02.jpg

eating-04.jpg

She is so beautiful!!! Do you think that she is biting the pink in the middle so she can envenomate it? (That's what my L. pulcher, Zee, does. He'll hold it like that for 15 minutes or so, and then move to the head to swallow).

She is so beautiful!!!

Thanks Nanci! While we love her as a little worm, we really can't see what she'll look like as an adult. :crazy01:

Do you think that she is biting the pink in the middle so she can envenomate it? (That's what my L. pulcher, Zee, does. He'll hold it like that for 15 minutes or so, and then move to the head to swallow).

I actually do believe that that is what they are doing. Most of our hoggies will typically grab most mice by the side, even when you put either end in front of their mouth, they still whip around and bite the side. I read somewhere recently that colubrid venom acts as a kind of sedative which makes sense to me, especially in cases of snakes like hogs that don't constrict to kill their prey. The only sad thing is when they think they can somehow swallow the darn mouse sideways. :nope: :roflmao:

She's so pretty! My hoggie grabs the mice sideways too. I always just assumed it was 'cause she wasn't too bright. Often she folds them in half and swallows them that way. >.<

I have pictures of my tri-color in a feeding sequence. He grabs the mouse by the side, flips it over so it is belly up, and then chews for quite a while. When he lets go, it looks like the belly is starting to be digested. It's all liquidy. Then he chews his way up to the head and proceeds to swallow.

Back