• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

two questions for all you pro's

wisconsin

brandon
#1--my snow corn is peeling around his head a bit---does this mean he is about to shed?

#2--my show corn (who is peeling) has a red spot on his head, which is not a mite or tick.--what could it be?? (its about the size of a pencil tip, very small------is it a sore of some kind???)

thanks guys appreciate all responses!!!! :crazy02:

What are the temp and humidty in the tank?

I have never noticed any of my snakes peel around their heads before a shed. I have, however, seen some "peeling" on the belly after some aggressive climbing followed by a shed shortly after.

How long have you had your snow? Have you ever seen your snake go into blue before? It is often hard to tell at first when you don't exactly know what to look for in a snow.

From another thread further down: peeling/dry skin type scales were noticed around the head and when the owner ran the snake through a wet towel, the snake shed about an hour later.

Back