• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Ty is eating strange

chag67

He ate a fuzzy on Jan 5. He refused 2 pinkies on Jan. 10 and again on Jan 11. I have handled him only twice since Jan. 5. I offered him a fuzzy today and he refused again. All of this has been in a separate feeding box.

So I decided to try and feed him in his Viv this evening. He was in is warm hide so I warmed up the fuzzy again and left it at his "doorstep". He has pulled it into his hide but has not eaten it. Should I leave it overnight? Take it out?

And temps are 83 on warm side and 72 on cool side. He actively goes between the two and drinks "normal" amounts of water.

It doesn't hurt to leave it. Is he blue? And if he refuses, you are just reinforcing his refusals by continuing to offer food every day. I'd just wait 5-7 days and try again.

No he is not blue. He shed at Christmas.
If the mouse is not gone by morning. I'll wait until next Sat to try and feed again.

I checked his Viv at midnight and he had moved the mouse and himself to his cold hide but had not eaten it. I woke up at around 2 for a drink and decided to check on Ty while up. Seems he had eaten the mouse and was still in his cold hide. I checked again this morning before going to work and I could see the bulge in his belly. I guess he likes lukewarm mice and prefers eating them in his cold hide. Strange. I guess my guy is going to eat in his Viv now.

Back