• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

? type of corn - Please Help

pipi5xtra

Hi,
Have been told this 08 hatchling was a yellow snow and then a leucistic corn. Can someone please tell me what they think this morph is, as it is not like my 07 snow. It has dark borders around its dorsal blotches and a mauve tinge to its colouring. It also has very dark eyes with a slight red tinge in certain lights.
Philippa

Attachments

• Picture 031 Quick e-mail view.jpg
    Picture 031 Quick e-mail view.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 85
Well you pic isn't that good. But from what I see and your description, it looks like a ghost.

What color are its eyes? Are they red/pink at all other than what you noted? What color are the belly checks?

It's belly checks are like my snows, that is why i am confused. her eyes are a very deep red not ruby red like my snows. will try to post a better picture if i can get one. Very hard to get her to stay still as she is quite nervous still. She is a month old today.

Photo 2 of ? type of corn

Only other photo i have at this time sorry if it is not much better than the other.
Philippa

Attachments

• Picture 030 Large Web view.jpg
    Picture 030 Large Web view.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 83
That doesn't look like a snow to me. Unless it is a really really pink one.

Are the belly checks yellow/green? The iris of the eye, the part around the middle, what color is it? Is it like a grey color? Sorry for the questions but I just want to try to help you. :)

Thanks for helping. Her eye is red with a grey outline. Her belly checks are not yellow/green, but white with pink/mauve tinge like her body. Cannot find any pictures of snows that look like Candy. Called it Candy due to itas colouring. Am dead confused as to what I have brought, will be interesting to know possibly what he/she is. Ask as many questions as you like will try to answer them.

With what you are describing I am going to say you have a pastel ghost. Not all ghost have ruby eyes, but it's not uncommon to find them with those eyes.

Is there any yellow on the sides at all?

there is no yellow at all just white and pink on the belly checks just pink and white with a mauve tinge on on her scales. Have not heard of a ghost pastel corn before, but I am very new to keeping corn snakes.

The eyes are the same candy's maybe a little lighter and the markings are similar just lighter on Candy. But she will change as her pigments come out over the first year. Just found it strange that there is no yellow at all, whereas my true snow has some yellow tinges. The outlines round the dorsal blotches are the same. Will have to take a decent photo when she is bigger and more settled.

Well keep looking for baby pics. There are plenty of hatchlings coming out now so maybe you will see one and say "Hey thats what she look like!". And as she grows so will her colors, so who knows. But I can say for certain that if her eyes are grey she is not a snow. I still think it's a ghost. LOL :)

Good luck and she is a beautiful baby. :)

Thanks for all the help. Will definitely enjoy her, have found a picture on this forum of a lavender ghost and it looks exactly like my hatchling. Have a look and see what you think let me know
Philippa

Back