• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

ultra lavs & more ... my newest additions

rosecat

so i received my hatchlings today from stephen wagner and I'm thrilled! I even got 2 surprises :D

I got 1.1 ultra/ultramel lavs, 1.0 golddust mot het stripe, 0.1 amel cube stripe het butter

first is golddust mot het stripe, 2nd is amel cube stripe ... the amel is really really red, but its hard to tell the room didn't have the best lighting so she was hard to photograph

Attachments

• golddustmot1s.jpg
    golddustmot1s.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 171
  • amelcube1s.jpg
    amelcube1s.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 171
  • amelcube2s.jpg
    amelcube2s.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 171
  • amelcube3s.jpg
    amelcube3s.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 171
the first 3 photos are the female, the 2nd two are the male ultra/ultramel lavs

Attachments

• ultralavf1s.jpg
    ultralavf1s.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 170
  • ultralavf2s.jpg
    ultralavf2s.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 169
  • ultralavf3s.jpg
    ultralavf3s.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 170
  • ultralavm1s.jpg
    ultralavm1s.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 168
  • ultralavm2.jpg
    ultralavm2.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 168
the first 2 photos are a color comparison between the male and female ultra/ultramel lavs

the 3rd photo is my first surprise a female butter cube/stripe, the last 2 photos are my second surprise a male ultra (?) het lav ... he looks awesome, and is very red!

Attachments

• colorcomparison1.jpg
    colorcomparison1.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 165
  • colorcomparison2.jpg
    colorcomparison2.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 165
  • buttercube1.jpg
    buttercube1.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 165
  • ultrahetlav1s.jpg
    ultrahetlav1s.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 164
  • ultrahetlav2s.jpg
    ultrahetlav2s.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 164
a couple more of the ultra het lav ... I'll take some better (hopefully outside) photos in a few weeks of these guys ... but i just wanted to share since i"m really excited about them

Attachments

• ultrahetlav3.jpg
    ultrahetlav3.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 164
  • ultrahetlav4.jpg
    ultrahetlav4.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 164
I love it when breeders throw something extra for ya into the shipping box! Awesome snakes, I'm so jealous you were able to pick up all those snakes at once!

Quick question... did you get the Ultra(mel?) Anery that's in your avatar from Stephen Wagner as well? I've never been impressed with one due to the large amounts of yellow they normally exhibit until I saw yours!

thanks guys!

The ultramel anery i got from Tim Turner, and I believe originates from Steve Little stock. However Stephen W. and i have a theory that she might be ice and not ultramel anery so I'm going to hopefully test breed her to a male lava in '09.

Once i get a few more pics of the ultra/ultramel lavs I'll probably start a progression thread on them, because I imagine that their colors are going to change quite a bit as they mature.

Great pick ups and very nice surprises too! :D

Looking at the Ultra/Ultramel Lavs, is it because of the Ultra gene that the female looks more colourful than the male, it's usually the other way around for Lavenders, isn't it? Just curious :)

I have absolutely no idea why they are different. The female was the best colored of the entire clutch, and I wanted a lighter colored mate more out of curiosity to see if the lighter one is different (ultra vs. ultramel).

however it is my understandings that in a couple of stephen's lav bloodlines the females are more brightly colored than males.

I have absolutely no idea why they are different. The female was the best colored of the entire clutch, and I wanted a lighter colored mate more out of curiosity to see if the lighter one is different (ultra vs. ultramel).

however it is my understandings that in a couple of stephen's lav bloodlines the females are more brightly colored than males.

Thank you!

It will be nice to see progression pics of these as they grow and mature, and interesting to see if there is a difference :)

Best wishes,

Back