• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Ummmm....just a quick question....

zombieinvasiontm

Is it normal for a snakes skin to look all wrinkly just[5-6 hours] before a shed?
I dunn have pictures, and he [Gerard] just started to shed. he just finished getting rid of the head skin.

Also, the shed looks like it's going to be piece-y[which I'm pretty sure is a sign of dehydration, which is weird because he had enough water and a slightly damp little hide]

So....any thoughts?

How is he progressing?

There are many methods to help with a problem shed if it is not a complete shed.

Rich in KY said:
How is he progressing?

There are many methods to help with a problem shed if it is not a complete shed.

Pretty well, I had this problem the first time my other snake, Bitti, shed.
I'm pretty good at fixing pieced sheds.
But was the wrinkling before normal?

I have never really paid attention. But it is dead skin that is getting ready to fall off. So I would say that it should look something like that. The most important part of the shed is to make sure all of it comes off. It sounds like you have good experience with that.

Not necessarily dehydration, could just be low humidity in the tank. Are you using a lamp? do you have a hygrometer to measure humidity?

Don't worry, the wrinkling before the shed is perfectly normal, that's when it becomes really loose and is about to come off.

If you're worried about your snake's skin next time, then give him a bath when he's in blue, that helps soften his skin and it usually comes off in one piece (or near enough).
Just get a hygrometer if you don't have one, and see if you can raise the humidity to about 60-70%. You can also mist the tank if the humidity is low.

Hope that helps!

David

Back