• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Update on Ferric and my other current kids!

Jcapicy

Veritas Aequitas
Ferric Eating one of his bi-weekly meals. He is growing nicely and is doing great on frozen pinkies!

Isis is still one of the calmest snakes I have ever seen!

And Thorn is curious as ever. I recently switched her from crickets and veggies to wax worms and veggies and from calci-sand to crushed english walnut shells and she is much more active and showing much better colors(likely unrelated to the change) She gets a 30 wide next month!

I love Thorn, too. Crushed walnut shells are known for causing impaction- you might want to switch. Plain slate tile is really nice.

I may go back to the calci-sand.

If not the slate is a good idea. Thanks!

Thorn is little miss attitude for sure!

Calci-sand is bad, too. Washed playsand that you buy at Home Depot is acceptible for adults. They lick everything. That's how Isabel says hi to her viv when she gets back in- goes around licking.

Sounds like the slate is the best idea! I'll be stopping by the slate and gravel yard tomorrow evening for a few pieces that I can clean and swap in the bottom of the tank.

I bought slate floor tiles at Lowes or Home Depot or something, and then cut them to fit with a tile cutter like a horse hoof nipper. It was kind of difficult to cut, but gorgeous once it was in. And so easy to clean.

Thanks Lil.
They all seem to be doing very well. Hopefully I can find some ladies for my Childreni's. And maybe a boy for my BDragon!

Looks like I might need to change my sig about me though! Wish me luck!

You have a slate yard? I'd kill for that...(As I go to Home Depot for another $150 worth of rocks tonight).

oh trust me, I'm going to home depot if they have it. The slate yard is expensive unless your doing like an entire sidewalk!

Well, Home Depot and Lowes have really pretty natural slate tile. They _may_ even cut it for you for free. I did a whole 40 breeder- I was ready to kill someone by the time I had it finished. I would totally buy one of those electric cutter things next time. You just have to have really strong hands- REALLY strong. I used the 6" square tiles.

I hate how they have those pieces of flagstone or whatever, out in the garden center, that are like 5x3x2 or something- tiny! and those are $5 each. It they were $1 or $2 I'd buy a whole bunch of it for the pond.

I am actually getting ready to buy a 30 wide so it will be a good time to start looking into the tiles.

and now that I think about he also gets a little more food each time as that pinky lump was gone in 24 hours!

Back