• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Update on Jewel

northwestcorns

For the folks that have been messaging me and asking about Jewel, today Jewel shed for the 2nd time since her injury. The first one, I had to help her, this one she did all by herself. She isn't twitching or acting painful anymore and she is definitely responding to me and following me, so I'm pretty sure that she doesn't have any lasting eye injuries.

Since this is immediately post-shed, there is a little bit of "raw looking" skin, but it is definitely skin and not just exposed tissue with all of the little capillaries exposed. Also, she doesn't act painful if I have to pick her up to clean her box.

The first pic is the original from August 8th. The 2nd one is today. I apologize for the quality of the photos, my camera is the worst. I spent all of my extra money last month on vet care and my new arrivals. Now I have to save up again.

I'll post pics every couple of sheds. Hopefully, her recovery will become more obvious on camera since she is doing so well in the meantime.

Attachments

• Splitskin.jpg
    Splitskin.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 57
  • Jewel2ndshed.jpg
    Jewel2ndshed.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 57
well shoot, after looking at the post on here, the pics just didn't come out well at all! They look much better on my computer. You can barely see a difference. There IS a difference IRL. I just want everyone to know she is doing great.

The wound doesn't look as red raw on the second picture. I'm glad Jewel is doing well. I was following your original story and I was on the edge of my seat.

I'm so glad she has gotten through the worst of it. Good luck with the rest of the recovery.

Carly

Ah, I'm glad to see her looking better, and glad to hear that she's feeling better too!

I think many here were on the edge of their seats following Jewel's story and hoping that she'd pull through. That does look like a great improvement. Good work.

Btw, how's DQ doing?

Ive also been following Jewel's situation, and am glad to hear that she is doing much better. Thanks for the update!

Jewel is definitely eating. I'm sticking to feeding her 2 pinkies every 4-5 days. I don't want to stress out her system with anything bigger and frankly, I have two bags of pinks that I need to use. Plus, with the skin still being injured, I don't want her to get any large bulges that will cause her skin to stretch and possibly tear the new stuff. She's always been my smallest corn and had just gotten past hoppers prior to her injury, so I may up her to 3 pinks at a time in a couple of weeks. However, she is also the feistiest little beast I've ever met and I think that her feistiness helped her through.

DQ is completely normal now. She is about to shed again, but there is absolutely no more redness or discoloration in her anymore. Just a beautiful pinkish white snake with a huge appetite. After she sheds this time, I'm going to put her back into her old habitat. DQ is the same age as Jewel and is about 3-4X her size.

Thanks for everyone's continued interest.

Back