• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Update on me and a few new snakes!

spyderk

Just a member
Hello, forum where it all began! I hadn't been checking in as much toward the end of summer. I found out I was expecting a baby, ended up miscarrying, found out I needed surgery for a very large cyst on my ovary, had the surgery and the cyst was thankfully not cancerous, and by this time it was late October. I was contemplating giving up a few snakes during my recovery, but thankfully I was on my feet quickly.

In the meantime, the snakes here have been doing their thing; eating, pooping, making people happy. We had done a few more reptile presentations at a library and a fundraising event, and I am so glad I have the variety of reptiles that I do, so that we can show people how wonderful and unique these creatures are.

I had posted quite a few things on the reptiles we found at our new place. We found a baby eastern hognose and baby foxsnake as late as October, along with numerous red-bellies and garters. We all are so excited for spring, and I plan to keep good records in a notebook and then put that on my blog.

I'm attaching a few pics. One is of Lucifer, the beautiful Extreme Okeetee from Don at SMR. We still have Monty the amber as well. The other SMR snake, the RO, escaped quite some time ago. My first corn ever, the one who brought me here, also escaped after my brother took ownership of her. :( So that's sad.

The other pictures are of Loki, my black milk snake. The one of him in the Barbie couch is when we first got him. The next picture is him, one year later. He is very dark now!

The other pictures are of a red bullsnake and a western hognose. I am getting those 2 snakes in about a month or so! My husband told me I should have more native-looking snakes for my educational events. I certainly wasn't going to refuse that idea! I think of what I told Chip quite awhile ago, that I didn't think hoggies were all that cute! I guess I have had a change of heart. When you find countless eastern hognose at your place, they grow on you. Especially those little babies! We are going to name this one Squishy. No name on the bullsnake yet. I'm tempted to name it Red Bull.

I still have the rest of the snakes, including my 3 BCI that I really love. To the people who posted pictures of theirs and made me check into them - you know who you are - thank you!

So, there's my update for anyone who remembers me. I've been lurking as of late, but I think I'll try to post more often!

Attachments

• Luce1 800.jpg
    Luce1 800.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 76
  • 7811252_orig 800.jpg
    7811252_orig 800.jpg
    119.1 KB · Views: 77
  • 20150101_200038 800.jpg
    20150101_200038 800.jpg
    114.3 KB · Views: 76
  • bullsnake 800.jpg
    bullsnake 800.jpg
    196.9 KB · Views: 78
  • hognose 800.jpg
    hognose 800.jpg
    105.4 KB · Views: 78
To the people who posted pictures of theirs and made me check into them - you know who you are - thank you!
:dgrin:

So good to see you here again. You told about some of your health issues a while ago, and then I hadn't seen you here much. I'm glad to see you're on your feet again, but so sorry for your loss!! We went through that once also, and it's a very difficult thing to get through.

You've got some great looking snakes, and beautiful kids, BTW, and I'm glad to see you here again. You've been missed.

((((Hugs)))) Sorry to hear about your loss!
It's good to see you around again! Beautiful snake babies!

That okeetee is gorgeous. My favorite flavor of cornsnake.
I have a bullsnake, she is fiesty and eats like a pig, fun snakes but nothing like the corns.

You know you had a big hand in it! But thank you!!!

((((Hugs)))) Sorry to hear about your loss!
It's good to see you around again! Beautiful snake babies!

Thank you Tavia! It's always a pleasure to look at your threads of your beautiful babies and adults as well. :)

That okeetee is gorgeous. My favorite flavor of cornsnake.
I have a bullsnake, she is fiesty and eats like a pig, fun snakes but nothing like the corns.

You should post a picture of the bullsnake! I hope I am up to the challenge! I have been told this little bull is sweet. We shall see!

Welcome back!

Thank you! Always good to see your posts, too. And it's because of you and people like you that I have my black milk!

My bull was sweet and easy to handle as a baby. I think they act like hormonal teenagers as they get older.But she has never ever offered to bite, just likes to put on a big show.
I will try and post a pic later today.
Although she isnt as bad as our pine who will be a pussycat one time and the next time will musk me, whip around, hiss and just be completely crazy.

Back