• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Update on my '11 crown jewel keepers and the tiny pink baby

SnakeAround

Formerly Blutengel
This is Revolver, the sunkissed anery motley as he looks now;

revolver_201111_1200.jpg

I can't stop looking at him, so clean :) He is developing a bright yellow line along his neck, curious how that develops!

This the sunkissed anery girlie Eve. She lost her pure black on white contrast but I ain't complaining :)

eve_201111_1200.jpg

And this is the micro pave amel, brightened by the sun and showing her partial zomby eye. I have a tiny normal scaled brother of her, which had not absorbed the egg yolk and he also has a zomby eye. Not sure if I really like it but it is different and that I like.

precious_201111_1200.jpg

Last but not least, tiny baby Pinky, sole survivor of a clutch that went bad and most probably not a snow, what he looked like out of the egg, but a Mandarin from retained sperm. Since mom is known for being het amel I assume she was bred to make mandarins in 2010. He still has a bit of crinkling in the neck area but is doing well, eating small complete pinks meanwhile with much gusto. The scale told me he has not gained weight and still weighs 6 grams, but I refuse to believe that. I'm pretty sure he gained at least 50% in volume.

pinky_201111.jpg

I tend to like the frist two...'cause....they are beyond my grasp, in Jersey.
Please keep us updated on there growth.

I'd be interested to see what the micro pave looks like as an adult. Have they been around long enough for someone to have an adult?

The sunkissed anery is beautiful! I love her eye color!

I'd be interested to see what the micro pave looks like as an adult. Have they been around long enough for someone to have an adult?

The sunkissed anery is beautiful! I love her eye color!

Nope, I bred the first two ones last year myself, spontaneously! Search for micro pave on this forum or see the threads I started, one is about the mp's.

Lovely snakes. I have a corn with odd scales like that on her head. I thought there was something wrong with her, is this a normal thing?

Do you have a picture of it? The micro paves miss some scales on their heads, they are not odd.

Yes there is a pic of her in my collection thread. She is the ultramel anery hurricane motley, she has some large gaps between the scales on her head, that seem to become more with each shed, and she defo has some scales missing. Its not as noticable as your one but defo there still.

Mjolnir, sunkissed anery motely (I changed names with another snake cause I kept mixing up their names because they seemed to suit better that way in my mind, lol, so Revolver became Mjolnir and vice versa)

Mjolnir_feb2012_close.jpg

Mjolnir_feb2012_full.jpg

Gaia, sunkissed motley, she is hot!

gaia_feb2012_1200.jpg

Eve, sunkissed anery female

Eve_feb2012_full2_1200.jpg

Eve_feb2012_full1200.jpg

And than, now a whopping 14 grams, Pinky, the (most probably) Mandarin tiny male that was born without absorbing the egg yolk and a huge gap where that was still connected to him. He is in blue at the moment but still wanted to show you.

pinky_feb2012.jpg

Why, normal micro pave male:

whyfeb2012_full1200.jpg

His '11 sister, Precious, an amel micro scale:

precious_feb2012.jpg

He was born from ultramel anery x kastanie het amel. Only 3 eggs made it. 2 were DIE, he pipped. All three looked like snows, he gets more orange with each shed. I think all three were from retained sperm from 2010 when she was bred by the previous owner. What would be the chance the ultramel anery is het for kastanie unexpectedly? And he surely is not a snow with the intense peachy head!

As I understand it that's how mandarins start out looking like snows and that would also explain the trouble with the clutch. Good luck with that little guy.
John

Thanks, he will pull through, I did not weigh him from the egg but I am pretty sure he was only 2 or 3 grams. In November he only weighed 8 grams, now 14 :)

Back