• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Update on Nightmare

ArvadaLanee

I thought I would give a quick update on our little Nightmare. After his regurgitation, I was a bit worried, but his last feeding went well, and there were no issues. We have begun holding sessions, with myself and sometimes, my boys too. My fears about the boys holding him have proved completely unfounded. If I hold him for a short time first, Nightmare calms down, and then I can help the boys hold him with little worry. I have kept the handling sessions to a minimum, because after the regurgitation, I wanted to keep stress down, but the few we have had, have gone very well. I have also found that longer holding sessions (at least 20 minutes) are better because it gives him a chance to calm down, and then he seems to shift from fear, to curiosity. I am loving learning his personality. He is an awesome little dude, so bright, curious, and fearless. He likes to look at my face, and sniffs all over it with his tiny flicking tongue. Twice, he has freaked me out by seeming like he wanted to crawl up my nose. He takes a special interest in lips, and if you let him, he will sniff your lips over and over. He can be tricky at times, and will be slowly moving around, then suddenly switch routes and make a mini bolt for it. He's so silly. We are just loving him!

Here are a few pics!

2m0ajt.jpg

209585d.jpg

2db8m7s.jpg

2i0z0u8.jpg

Oh no I must have missed the thread on nightmares regurge ! I'm so sorry it's such a horrible feeling eh x Theo had his first pinky head on Fri since his regurge (8days) I'm delighted to say although he didn't strike or take from tongs once left alone he devoured it .It was such a relief !so we got another week to wait till next feed.Poor nightmare ,I don't want to ask you to repeat yourself can you advise how I find that thread 😁 about his regurge x

The post was titled "Oh no, what happened?" Under feeding issues/health. I am glad that his last feeding went well, he seems to be doing just fine. I'm not sure what happened, but at least it isn't an ongoing problem. He is acting just fine, roaming his viv, as usual, active and adorable as always.

I love the one where he is looking at your son!

That is my favorite too. I am not sure if it is a common thing with corn snakes, but Nightmare seems very curious about faces. We have held him a few more times since the original post, and he always does this. When he comes up to look at our faces, we all freeze and let him flick his tongue over us. Call me crazy, but I feel like he is trying to "get to know us" by memorizing our scent, and since we watch him all the time, and he most often sees us as just a face outside the viv, I think he feels most curious about our faces. I could be totally wrong. Either way, it's really cute. :)

Back