• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Update on Willow - Mystery Rainbow Boa

Plissken

Crazy Snail Lady
Some of you might remember the thread I made in the summer to introduce Willow, my rainbow boa. There was quite a discussion about what type of rainbow she was and no real conclusions were reached. I thought you might like to see how she's getting along. :)

I am over the moon with this little girl - she is growing beautifully and has also tamed down incredibly - she no longer bites anything that moves!

I've had her about five months now, and my guess is on Colombian. No sign of her pattern fading yet, though.

This was Willow when I first got her:

DSCF0204.jpg

And here she is now:

forumwill3.jpg

forumwill1.jpg

forumwill2.jpg

Thanks for looking! :cheers:

Nice Rainbow. I am not so sure that she is a Columbian. Your snake tends to have the "eye" pattern down her sides. Columbians tend not to have that pattern and is more of a Brazilian and Guyanan trait. Columbians side patterns tend to be more messy without the "eye" pattern. She is dark and not red but between her coloration and pattern I wouldn't be so sure that she wasn't a cross between the two. She is dark like a Columbian but has the pattern of a Brazilian. I will get you some comparison pictures for you of my Columbian. She just shed, just give me a day or so and I will post them for you. Your snake definitely looks different then mine. Either way, very cool and unique snake.
Jay :cool:

Suweet snake!

I got to handle a sub-adult at a show I went to this last weekend. It was awesome! The snake was very calm, apparently it was part of a special "outreach" program and was handled every day. His color was amazing as well. A combination of that and the size, just about right, not too large, but larger than a corn, I think that my next non corn snake will be a Rainbow Boa! I went home with a flimsy little book, so reading that on the bus is my first step. Any other good sites you guys recommend?

Jay, I'd be very interested to see the variety in morphs and color that you have. The snake I held was very deep red. It had stripes down its head and circles on its back. I thought that was "how they all looked". Look for a picture thread later today (hopefully, I'm still editing) of pictures from the expo, including the Rainbow Boa I fell in love with.

Thank you all! Rainbows have long been one of my favourite snake varieties. I just fell in love with this little beauty!

Jay - I can't wait to see your pics. It's interesting what you say about the eye patterns, because the guy I bought Willow from (who was adamant she was Brazilian) also pulled out a Colombian rainbow to show me, and that snake lacked those eye marks and already had that paling 'wash' over its pattern, even as a baby, which Willow still doesn't have at 8 months old. It was very obv a Colombian. I wasn't convinced Willow was a BRB, but I bought her because she was beautiful - by far the best marked snake there, IMO.

I guess I'm still waitng to see what happens as she matures! I will keep you all informed what happens as she gets older. :grin01:

Back