• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Update

paullfc

Ive had my snake for around two months he is doing fine feeding fine altough he didn't feed on wednesday so I will try him with a chick (for christmas) tommorow (saturday). He is a a very curious little thing eveytime i open my bedroom door he pops his head out of his hide to see who it is and what we are up too, will take some new pics V.soon

Merry Christmas Paul

Ive had my snake for around two months he is doing fine feeding fine altough he didn't feed on wednesday so I will try him with a chick (for christmas) tommorow (saturday). He is a a very curious little thing eveytime i open my bedroom door he pops his head out of his hide to see who it is and what we are up too, will take some new pics V.soon

Merry Christmas Paul

A chick? It probably would be easier and safer to just feed him another mouse and see if he eats it. If not he could just be going into shed. Good luck!

I agree. Other tricks should really be tried before switching prey types, as it is very easy for them to not want to switch back to mice. Good luck, though, and I can't wait to see the pics!

I agree with sticking to a mouse of the next feed, I know its christmas but im sure it would benefit your snake to offer it a food item its used to accepting, especially when its refused the last time. Good luck either way though :)

If you're thinking of offering your snake a chick as a Christmas treat, I will assume that it is an adult (or close to it). One refusal by an adult is probably nothing to be concerned about. Your snake may simply be getting close to shedding. And sometimes offering something different will stimulate a snake's appetite. I've done it more times than I can remember and have never had a snake refuse to go back to what it was eating before. So I would say to go ahead and treat your snake to something special for the holiday.

Back