• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Updated pics of my building!

CornCrazy

What's one more???
I finally got around to laying the flooring in my building! It looks SO much better now!

A couple of pics:
snakeroom.jpg

snakeroom2.jpg

Now I've just got to do the baseboards and trim and I'll be done! YAY!

OMG i see an empty rubbermaid! shame on you :grin01:

dont you know the cornsnake law? empty space.. FILL IT haha

other then that..very nice.. i wish i had that much space for my pets :(

Terri, I'm nominating your for the Charles Pritzel Award for Best Utilization Of Clippies. ;)

regards,
jazz

jazzgeek said:
Terri, I'm nominating your for the Charles Pritzel Award for Best Utilization Of Clippies. ;)

regards,
jazz
LOL...eventually I will have racks there. I just haven't had the time or money to build them. I will also be getting rid of the brown racks. I HATE them. The melamine ones are MUCH heavier, but much more durable.
RyanR said:
OMG i see an empty rubbermaid! shame on you

dont you know the cornsnake law? empty space.. FILL IT haha
It just so happens that I will have a nice little Leucistic Texas Rat Snake boy in there later today! ;)
gnarhimself said:
Nice Setup Terri
Very neat and organised

:crazy02:
Thanks! :D

*jaw drops*

Oh my....!

The new floor is not what I am staring at!! What a collection... wow...

Nice!!! did you ever keep snakes in the plastic rubbermaid drawers thing? i see holes, i thought the gap would be too big?

Just out of curiosity, what's in the little tank? Above all the bottled water in the second picture?

Plissken said:
*jaw drops*

Oh my....!

The new floor is not what I am staring at!! What a collection... wow...
LOL...that had me rolling. The funny thing is that you only see a small portion of my room. Of course, I do have some that will be listed for sale, but I have a fairly sizable collection for a hobbyist.
cornsnakekid92 said:
Nice!!! did you ever keep snakes in the plastic rubbermaid drawers thing? i see holes, i thought the gap would be too big?

ooh, and shame on you, i dont see at least 2 hide boxes in each cage!
Almost all of those rubbermaid drawers have snakes in them. If the racks are built correctly, the gap is not too big.

And I don't have hides in many of my racks. The racks are fairly dark and the snakes don't need the hides. When they want to hide, they simply burrow or move to the back of the racks.
Plissken said:
Just out of curiosity, what's in the little tank? Above all the bottled water in the second picture?
Tree frogs :)

Great setup, i'm jealous. :cheers: Now all i need is your address & what time you go out....... :grin01: :sidestep:

bribrian said:
Great setup, i'm jealous. :cheers: Now all i need is your address & what time you go out....... :grin01: :sidestep:
Good thing you are in Ireland (and that someone is always home)! :D

CornCrazy said:
LOL...that had me rolling. The funny thing is that you only see a small portion of my room. Of course, I do have some that will be listed for sale, but I have a fairly sizable collection for a hobbyist.
Tree frogs :)

"Fairly sizeable?" :eek1:

Aww tree frogs... love those :)

CornCrazy said:
.Almost all of those rubbermaid drawers have snakes in them. If the racks are built correctly, the gap is not too big.

And I don't have hides in many of my racks. The racks are fairly dark and the snakes don't need the hides. When they want to hide, they simply burrow or move to the back of the racks.
:)
i know about the hidboxes, i was kidding and i was talking about the premade drawers things, next to all the 1 gallon jugs of watter, in black....

Please excuse my ignorance, I assume all those boxes and drawers aren't heated - so is it so warm in tennessee that you don't need heaters at all then?

I like the fact that on those boxes you can seal the lids really tight so there's no chance of an escape.

I am not sure how she heats hers, but some people use a space heater for a room, use natural heat, or have a heat element go down the back or underneath

Wow, nice job Terri! Now that's an awesome reptile building. Very well done!

:-offtopic
Wish I could build something like that here. I have an extra bedroom downstairs that I'm using for an office/snake room, but it's just not the same.

CornCrazy said:
The funny thing is that you only see a small portion of my room.
Now you have us waiting for more pics! Great job on the building!

cornsnakekid92 said:
i know about the hidboxes, i was kidding and i was talking about the premade drawers things, next to all the 1 gallon jugs of watter, in black....
WOW...you have good eyes! And yes, we used to have snakes in some of those. The gaps are not too big for an adult. They were just temporary enclosures, though. They weren't big enough, IMO.

Islandzoo...most of the large racks are heated (or at least have heaters on them). I have to run the air conditioner in the summer to keep the temps from being too high. I have the AC set at 80 degrees and it usually stays about 82 in there. In the winter, I use a portable oil heater to keep the temps where they need to be.

Teratoma said:
Is Smidget in one of those containers in the picture? I keep hoping to see more of her...
:)
-Sean
Sorry...she's not in one of those boxes. I'll try to get some more pics of her soon. :D

Back