• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Upgrading food item

dr82692

I've been feeding my little guy what is called the "small pinkies" from rodent pro. They are about 2g according to my food scale, which doesnt do more than 1g increments so im sure theyre not all 2g. Rodent pro says they are 1.8-2.4g. The next size I have are "large pinkies" which are 2.5-3g, but again, they all just read 3g on my food scale. My snake is 14g as of today before his feeding. I feed him every 5 days. When I got him about a month ago he was 9g, maybe a little less. I dont know if thats a normal growth rate, but it seems normal to me, he'll be 4 months on the 27th. Anyway, based off the munson plan, he should be on double large pinks soon, but I feel as if I'm completely skipping large single pinks and double small pinks if i go straight to large double. What should I do? thanks

What everyone else would tell me when I was basically asking similar questions...this is your snake....if that's what you feel comfortable in doing....then get 'er done! ;)

The Munson Plan is a great "guide line" but doesn't always necessarily need to be followed down to every detail...just my opinion! :)

Thanks for the input! The more I ask questions and learn from experience, the more I realize this snake care stuff isnt very black and white, right or wrong type stuff lol

I joined a couple months back, and I was a clueless over protective mother to Dallas. This site has allowed me to learn so many new things, & ease up by not over stressing about the little stuff! Congratulations on your little one, and I'm sure he'll grow up to be a big 'n healthy boy! ;)

ur baby is about the same age as mine and I just moved him up to large pinkie and he is doing great no problems with him eating at all.

I've read comments on this site by others far more knowledgeable than me and they have said that the Munson plan is just a guideline; it is considered by some to be a bit aggressive. Just food for thought. (Ugh...I hate puns!)

ur baby is about the same age as mine and I just moved him up to large pinkie and he is doing great no problems with him eating at all.

I think thats what I'll do next. Then I'll one small+one large, and then I guess finish them off with double large. Just seems like a good natural progression to me. Thanks for the help guys.

BTW, how much does your snake weigh? I'm curious as to whether mine is on track with normal weight. He's 14g at almost 4 months.

Okay-sooooo...

I can give two smaller food items at one feeding rather than 1 larger item so I'm not wasting the small ones, right?

I was just going to give a mid-week feeding rather than one feeding a week.

Which would be better for my snakes??

One feeding a week, or two??

Back