• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Upgrading size of viv?

DavidFallows

Hi folks,

My snake is now settled at home and his viv is nice and warm. He's eating regulary and seems very happy. Thanks for all the help in the past.

The thing is, he seems to be out growing his vivarium and I'm thinking of upgrading. I need you guys to tell me if one measuring at 92 X 46 X 52 cm will last him for quite a while longer (his current viv is 62 X 46 X 47 cm) - I don't want to have to buy another one in 3 months!

Basically, I think he's ready for a viv big enough to suit him for when he's up to 5.5ft in length - if he grows that big.

Thanks,
David.

I've never seen a cornsnake get 5.5'. :) My largest (a male creamsicle) is between 4 and 4.5'.

The minimum sized tank you need is a 20g breeder tank (or 31qt tub). Other then that, you can go is large as you'd want to!

Unfortunately, they are not that common, but they're out there.
Last one I had was back in late 80's about 63". I've seen a few since then that were just over 5'. They are impressive.

Well, so far my male is almost 4 ft. But he's not even 2 years old yet. We'll see what he tops out at. As far as the viv is concerned, a 30 gl. as stated before is plenty big. The 92 X 42 X 56 should be perfect.

Back