• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

UR infection - BP

PaulThe

I understand this is a Corn snake form but my friend needs some help with his Ball Python, and if you love one kind of snake you love them all ;D

My friend has 6 ball pythons that all got sick within 2 days, his heat messed up but he got it fixed, he cant afford a vet bill 5 of them are popping and 1 had excess saliva ( for one day its not doing it anymore)

He has it 110 in all tanks, and he cleans their water bowls 1 time a day.

Is there anything else that he can do to make sure they get better ?

i should most likely add that UR is " upper respiratory infection " and we are 100% this, is what they have

Drop the temps first as 110 is too high..... And 2 days of messed temps caused 6 to get RI?? With the temps you have mentioned I would like to hear more about the husbandry he is using...

its cold ( like 30-50 outside at all times) here so if his temp messed up, he didn't notice that his heat wasn't working, he put them on 110,im going to tell him to drop it to 98, im just saying what he told me

i forgot what his heat source is and cant tell yo his room temp till he gets off work, thank you for your help snakewispera snr

I understand this is a Corn snake form but my friend needs some help with his Ball Python, and if you love one kind of snake you love them all ;D

I so agree with that. xDD

Looking at some of the posts, I agree that 6 getting RIs in just two days of messed up temps is fishy. Have him deep clean all the enclosures with bleach (run the water dishes and heavy hides in the dishwasher) and replace all the bedding (or put them on papers). The Alt RI treatment is definitely worth trying, too, since the person who posted the original seems to be very confident in it, and I see no harm.

He may also want to put the sick BPs in quarantine, just an idea.

That is way to hot for them! We keep our python between 89-92 for the hot side and 78-80 on the cool side. Under-tank heat pads only, no basking lights. If they all got sick it was from cross contamination, poor cleaning habits, food left out too long, or thawing and refreezing rats due to multiple refused feeding. Since breeding season just ended I bet there were plenty of those.

You are simply not giving us the correct information to diagnose a treatment plan, get on bp.net or fauna classified for more information on pythons. Tell him to bleach everything at once and find a sympathetic vet.

Back