• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

using ceramic tiles with heat mat

talc22

hi does anyone us use ceramic tiles on there heat mat, my mat is currently on the side of my tank but i want to put it on the bottom and cover it wiyh tiles. could someone show me a pic and tell me what i need to do, any help will be much appreciated thanks

Just place the mat flat on the floor of the tank, then lay the ceramic tiles over the top, loose. No need for glue or tape - the weight of them keeps them in place. Cover with a layer of about an inch of substrate.

If your Corn likes burrowing and you're worried that it'll shift the tiles, use Blu-Tak to keep them in place and check them regularly.

yeah thats what i was thinking, but if it isnt sealed will liquid not manage get under the tiles an into the mat especialy if it is more raised at the area where the wire joins the mat. thanks for your help.

Back