• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

UTH controll without thermostat

ozymandias

im woundering how can i control my vivs floor heat with out a thermostat

moving the UTH further away from under the tank or by putting a insulator layer in between the UTH and the viv ????

HELP

You can buy a cheap rheostat at wal-mart, target, home depot, and places like that. For now you can try only heating a small portion and adding more substrate, but when they burrow not even that will help much.

you can put a heavy floor tile in the viv, over the UTH.

my viv is a glass tank for a baby corn and the UTH is on the outside of the viv so does the floor tile thing still workor will it take to much heat from the UTH

and does any thermostat/rheostat for any electrical product ??

im woundering how can i control my vivs floor heat with out a thermostat

You can not control something you have no conrtol of.

moving the UTH further away from under the tank or by putting a insulator layer in between the UTH and the viv ???

That will help reduce that maxamun amount of heat that the UTH can produce.

my viv is a glass tank for a baby corn and the UTH is on the outside of the viv so does the floor tile thing still workor will it take to much heat from the UTH

That the problem, you can not control the UTH to give you the proper temps of 80 -85 degrees.

I'm not sure. I have never tried it- just read of it. The UTH, unregulated, can reach 130F though- I have seen it. It's a cheap thing to try till you get preferably a thermostat or even a cheap lamp dimmer...

Back