• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

UTH problems... :'(

CornCob

OKAY so I JUST gt my digital thermometers and...the temp on the warm side was 93*F. What do I dooo!!!! I a going on a vacation for a week... :(

umm if you're strapped for cash for now, elevate the tank with shims. a few inches off of the surface the tank is on, with space for air to flow through beneath it until you get a good thermostat. 2-3 inches is usually good. It always worked for me during emergencies and before I got a thermostat.
Thermostats are very expensive and not usually available in two days. I would elevate the tank and aim a fan at it temporarily.
But definitely get a thermostat ASAP. It's important. :)

You gotta get a thermostat to regulate the heat. This is the one I use. It works great. I hear it kick on and off all the time.
http://www.amazon.com/Hydrofarm-MTPR...3750814&sr=8-1
I know people use dimmer switches too, but I never have. This is just "set it and forget it" where as the dimmer switches need to be more closely monitored.

Hope that helps.

Thank you! I will ask my mom if she could lend me money. I JUST spend it all on my digital thermometers >.< but she knows its important...

umm if you're strapped for cash for now, elevate the tank with shims. a few inches off of the surface the tank is on, with space for air to flow through beneath it until you get a good thermostat. 2-3 inches is usually good. It always worked for me during emergencies and before I got a thermostat.
Thermostats are very expensive and not usually available in two days. I would elevate the tank and aim a fan at it temporarily.
But definitely get a thermostat ASAP. It's important.

Okay while it ships I will do this. Thank you so much! You guys are life savers...haha literally!

it works for more than one, just plug a power strip into the thermostat and plug the uths into the strip. thermostat can handle 1000 watts so it can handle quite a few of em!

OH yeah does that thermometer only work for one UTH? I need it to work for two...

The setups and UTHs need to be exactly the same. There's only one probe per thermostat and it can behave differently with different makes/models/sizes of UTH. If you have two different UTHs, you'll be able to set one up properly but risk the other being at quite a different temp.

Okay I ordered 2 of the Hydrofarm UTH thermostats from Amazon. They will be here tomorrow! *Sigh* I can't believe it was $60...(total for both)

The setups and UTHs need to be exactly the same. There's only one probe per thermostat and it can behave differently with different makes/models/sizes of UTH. If you have two different UTHs, you'll be able to set one up properly but risk the other being at quite a different temp.

Very true. This can be closely monitored by buying digital thermometers for each tank, though. I get mine for 7 bucks at pet smart. They actually work very well and stay accurate, considering the price. Just be sure to keep a few spare watch batteries laying around, just in case :)

Very true. This can be closely monitored by buying digital thermometers for each tank, though. I get mine for 7 bucks at pet smart. They actually work very well and stay accurate, considering the price. Just be sure to keep a few spare watch batteries laying around, just in case

Trust me. I have TONES of those types lying around...but you wouldn't get it. lol

Back