• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

UTH Questions???

Jordan32

Hi I was wondering if its ok that I covered the bottom of my UTH in foil to help make the cage hotter. I have my thermometer touching the substrate over the UTH and it reads 82-86 degrees F. I think its safe and my corn seems to like it, but I'm just making sure its safe.

Thanks

Jordan32 said:
Hi I was wondering if its ok that I covered the bottom of my UTH in foil to help make the cage hotter. I have my thermometer touching the substrate over the UTH and it reads 82-86 degrees F. I think its safe and my corn seems to like it, but I'm just making sure its safe.

Thanks

What type of thermometer are you using?
and NO to the foil....82-86 is hot enough.
Do you snake a favor and read up a tad more on basic care.

Ditto to what Lenny said. If it is 82-86 on the top of your substrate, it is most likely a whole lot hotter on the surface of the glass. Most UTHs are more than hot enough without doing anything to make it hotter.

No the cage is 82-86 with the foil on and I know how hot to keep it, I'm just asking if its safe for my house like a fire hazard. So do your self a favor and learn how to read cuz it clearly stated that I had already had the foil on when I did the temperature readings.

Antagonizing the experienced and respected members of this forum is not the way to get the answers you want. You said you were just making sure it was safe. Well, just because it might not be a fire hazard doesn't mean it is safe for your snake. And as I said, if you got yourself a decent thermometer, you will find that your temps are way hotter than you think.

So lay off the attitude and for your snake's sake, learn to take advice that's freely given.

Back