• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

UTH size & Placement.

starship

My large UTH only fits underneath the tank in the long ways direction, when doing so; it’s at 55% of the length, and only 50% of the width.

If I place in a back corner; there will open space in the front, and on one side. It covers 35% of the available surface area.

Is this OK, or should I obtain a smaller heater? (I have a thermostat to control it)

IMHO maybe

Good question. I will give you my opinion, but its only that, my opinion. It depends on the size of the tank. If we are talking about a large tank I think you will be fine since the snake will still have plenty of room on the cool side. However, if its a 10 gallon, that only leaves less than 10 inches on the cool side. That's not much of a temperature gradient. Compare that to a very long tank where the snake may have 15 or more inches. If we knew what size tank you are talking about it would help.

Hope this helps. Jimmy

SORRY, for the LACK OF DATA.

The tank is 30 by 18, so the heater takes 1/4 .

That leaves 10 x 15 unheated on 1/2, and the other 1/2 completely open (unheated)

One third of your floor space is what I usually go for. And if that turns out to be the corner that's fine. The snake will fine it,

Back