• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Vacation pics, including rattler pics

Bobo's Mama

proud corn mommy!
I went on a week-long vacation to Vancouver, WA to see a Maltese dog show. I also did some sightseeing and was able to see a rattlesnake on the road. I drover by and had enough time to turn around and come back to see him cross the road. These pics were taken from inside my car. These pics were taken outside of Prineville, OR, on US Rt. 26. A desolate highway in the middle of freaking nowhere. It was an awesome drive home. I was able to take Rt. 26 all the way from the Oregon Coast to Boise. It took ALL day, but was worth it for all the scenery. I also included some pics of Mt. Hood, and the Oregon Coast.

Attachments

• beach1.JPG
    beach1.JPG
    84.7 KB · Views: 101
  • rsnake1.JPG
    rsnake1.JPG
    94.6 KB · Views: 101
  • rsnake2.JPG
    rsnake2.JPG
    94.4 KB · Views: 101
  • rsnake3.JPG
    rsnake3.JPG
    90.5 KB · Views: 101
  • rsnake4.JPG
    rsnake4.JPG
    89.8 KB · Views: 100
Last edited:
The last pic was taken almost at night time, of the Blue Mountains in Oregon.

Attachments

• mt.hood1.JPG
    mt.hood1.JPG
    90.3 KB · Views: 102
  • ship.JPG
    ship.JPG
    89.4 KB · Views: 101
  • DSCF1689.JPG
    DSCF1689.JPG
    77.4 KB · Views: 100
WOW . . .great shots, and that snake is awesome !

Usually see those on the roads, and on the nature trails when I go
on vacation, but this year I only saw the ones at the Serpentarium.

What breed or rattler is that ?

WOW . . .great shots, and that snake is awesome !

Usually see those on the roads, and on the nature trails when I go
on vacation, but this year I only saw the ones at the Serpentarium.

What breed or rattler is that ?

I wish I knew. I was hoping someone would look at this thread and say, but... no one has. :shrugs: I'll probably look it up. :dunce:

Not familiar with snakes species in that area. I'd say definitely not a
Diamondback, but not sure what other species of rattlers are around there.
There's a breed called Massagua Rattlers, and there are Mojave Rattlers in the western US, that resembles that snake, but I don't know enough about their range to say for sure if it's one of those.

Beautiful looking snake regardless. . . thanx for sharing

Mojave have a coon tail (black and white) so it's not that, I think it looks like one of the subspecies of prarie rattler.

Back