• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Vanishing pattern...

Roy Munson said:
I don't know what that means, but that's a waaaay cool group of hatchlings. :cheers:

Roy,

I'm guessing that the Sunspot was what was unknown to you?

Attachments

• sunspot.jpg
    sunspot.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 248
MohrSnakes said:
Those are nice. Where did they come from?

You selling any?

-Jeff

I picked up the clutch from a friend of mine. I'm not sure what or if I'm going to sell any at the moment. Since you asked though, if I do decide to I will contact you and let you know.

DAND said:
Roy,

Whoaa Ive never seen one of those before!!! That's so awesome! How long has this gene been around? I dunno why I've seen anything like that more around here...

DAND said:
Roy,

Hmm, Sunspot is not new to me, but the fact that it's a recessive trait is. Did Jeff finally prove these out?

DAND said:
Roy,

Not unknown, but I needed my memory refreshed. :) Kathy Love mentions them, and has a photograph of one in her most recent guide. I've seen so little about them that they went right out of my mind until you posted that photo. It's a great look.

carol said:
Hmm, Sunspot is not new to me, but the fact that it's a recessive trait is. Did Jeff finally prove these out?

From what I was understanding from the person who produced these (Jeff did not produce these - well not that Jeff that is) it would appear so.

DAND said:
From what I was understanding from the person who produced these (Jeff did not produce these - well not that Jeff that is) it would appear so.

Hmmm That's news to me. I know a few people with sunspots, so far they haven't produced any. :shrugs:

DAND said:
Roy,

I see you use a picture of Halloffamereptiles .
It doesn't hurt ME , but it is not allowed to use pics from others without permission , just to inform you .

I hope to breed them next year and will see what happens on the reproduction of the "sunspots" .

I attach mine to show the sunspots if you don't mind

Attachments

• IMG_0456.jpg
    IMG_0456.jpg
    107.6 KB · Views: 110
  • IMG_0459.jpg
    IMG_0459.jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 110
mvervest said:
I see you use a picture of Halloffamereptiles .
It doesn't hurt ME , but it is not allowed to use pics from others without permission , just to inform you .

I hope to breed them next year and will see what happens on the reproduction of the "sunspots" .

As opposed to posting an outside link (which I know Rich would rather have done) I merely posted a pic to provide information and to answer a question. If Jeff has a problem with me posting the pic (which I highly doubt he would) it can always be removed. Though your claim of "it is not allowed to use pics from others without permission" could be (and has been) debated.

mvervest said:
I attach mine to show the sunspots if you don't mind

If I did mind would you then remove your pics? :nyah:

They don't seem like any cubes I've ever had or produced before. Though I'm not saying they couldn't be.

Yeah, these are not from me. I am assuming they are from Jeff Risher of Hall of Fame Reptiles. That is where I got much of my founding stock. In my experience they have not been the easiest to get to thrive. When I did vanishing pattern to vanishing pattern my offspring were weak and were a major pain to keep going...much like the original lavas. But, outcross them and the F1's thrive very well...again...much like the original lavas. Perhaps my problem was I got in very early and got some of the closely related stock? :shrugs: I don't know.

However, that being said, I have managed to outcross them to many of the other color morphs. This next year should prove for me whether the vanishing pattern look can be outcrossed and then recovered. Here is a few I produced this year and one of my adult anery vanishing pattern animals.

Attachments

• anerypat3.JPG
    anerypat3.JPG
    59.7 KB · Views: 87
  • snowpat1.JPG
    snowpat1.JPG
    48.6 KB · Views: 87
  • 1504.JPG
    1504.JPG
    88.8 KB · Views: 87
A few individual pics...

Attachments