• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Very Disturbing

Wow, I am astounded at how many people who have left comments seem to encourage animal cruelty. I don't care if they like snakes or not, no animal should be treated like that. It's sick just to think that so many people feel that way.

I agree, and the big problem is that people like this are breeding and passing on their attitudes to another generation.....

You guys expected "aww, poor snakey!" comments? Come on.

At least it sounds like she'll recover just fine.

But really, where the heck did this guy get the snake? And I don't see how ANYONE could get so drunk that they take bites out of something except maybe a beer bottle. This is, uh....

Ugh, why did you make me read that? The article was fairly neutral, but I couldn't get past the first 10 comments or so, such as this one:

"Snakes are not really the problem here.. It is people who must have snakes for pets.. and then feel compelled to show or (stick it in the face) of the guy with a serious drinking problem. Clearly human error was to blame for this. All people involved may be the dumbest people ever. Idiocracy at its best!! It is happening!"

As readers, we don't know what the drunken guy was doing so close to another person's snake, but I know that I don't even take my snake out in public, and I'm sure those of you who do don't stick them in people's faces.

Why is animal cruelty only wrong when the animal is furry and happy to see you?

This was on the news here. We had more graphic pictures of that poor snake on the tv channel. I sadly can believe all those horrible comments :/
So many people still think "snakes tricked eve into eating the fruit" so they are evil and all should die thing :(

I couldn't believe the comments. My lord, what is wrong with people. The poor animal suffered a horrible injury that thankfully didn't kill it and most people feel the snake should have died. I just don't get it. I makes me so angry. Thats why I would much rather spend time with my animals then most humans.:mad::mad:

My problem with the comments is the one about snakes being soulless. What makes a snake less soulless than a dog? Or a bird? I'm probably about to offend a lot of people. Sorry in advance.

The whole soulless/Adam and Eve thing is the stupidest thing I've ever heard. I think that the Bible is a great work of art, just like the Epic of Gilgamesh and the Qu'ran. I think that people who take every metaphor in books such as these as literal should be kicked in the head. I'm a strong believer in religious books being 99% metaphorical and 1% literal. That being said, I will never understand why someone would hate an animal (or person) based on a story in a book. I respect the snake haters who were chased by water snakes (or Ron White who had a snake thrown at him) then people who base their fear off of a story book.

On a last note, I don't have a problem with God. I'm spiritual and talk to whatever higher power there is just about daily. It's the fan club I generally don't understand and can't stand.

My problem with the comments is the one about snakes being soulless. What makes a snake less soulless than a dog? Or a bird? I'm probably about to offend a lot of people. Sorry in advance.

The whole soulless/Adam and Eve thing is the stupidest thing I've ever heard. I think that the Bible is a great work of art, just like the Epic of Gilgamesh and the Qu'ran. I think that people who take every metaphor in books such as these as literal should be kicked in the head. I'm a strong believer in religious books being 99% metaphorical and 1% literal. That being said, I will never understand why someone would hate an animal (or person) based on a story in a book. I respect the snake haters who were chased by water snakes (or Ron White who had a snake thrown at him) then people who base their fear off of a story book.

On a last note, I don't have a problem with God. I'm spiritual and talk to whatever higher power there is just about daily. It's the fan club I generally don't understand and can't stand.

Bravo! We share the exact beliefs. I personally am an atheist, but I do believe for something of higher power to indeed be there.

Momentary thread de-railment:

Lyion... and atheist is someone who does not believe in any sort of deity... >_>

My thoughts exactly!

Momentary thread de-railment:

Lyion... and atheist is someone who does not believe in any sort of deity... >_>

Ja, I know. I'm saying while I do not believe in a god I still do have spiritual beliefs, such as reincarnation

I've read through a lot of the comments now... Most of them are sickening to me, and many of the hidden ones are the ones in favour of the snake! I thought animal cruelty was always seen as shocking no matter what the animal... guess I was wrong :/

I did like the comment that pointed out a lot of the commenters (who were complaining the snake wasn't native and all that jazz), if any, were actually native to America themselves XD

Hope the poor snake continues to do well and gets a good home at least.

Back