• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Very First Snake

Hello everyone
I’ve been lurking this site since I got my little guy about two and a half weeks ago, but I just got around to joining now! His name is Fen and he’s a regular baby corn, about 10 or 11 inches, that I picked up from an exotic pet store just down the street. I’ve wanted a snake ever since I was about 5 years old, so I’m pretty excited about this! I’ve been having rather great luck with him so far.. he’s eaten twice without any problems, drinks fairly often (which is pretty cool to see), and just finished shedding, all in one piece :) So I think he’s pretty happy … except today he tried to eat me, which was really just funny more than anything ..
By the way, is this just because he knows that feeding time is in the very near future (tomorrow morning, in fact) , or do I need to start feeding him more? :)

corn snakes are opportunity feeders. If there is food they will eat it. So no you do not need to feed more often unless you have a hatchling and are only feeding every other week. which it does not sound like you are at all. He is just being fiesty! Oh hey, we love pics even of the "regular, normal" guys!

snake.jpg

Here he is! Please ignore the horribly peeling nail polish, haha. I'll be sure to get some better pictures soon, once I relocate my camera ..

What a pretty little one :D Welcome to the forum, I'm sure you will find it a very helpful resource.

Back