• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Visionarium Warning

Tibold

I had ordered a couple of the Visionarium cages for a corn snake and a kingsnake. They looked nice and I wanted more of a display case.
Well, they came showed up before the weekend and I set them up on Saturday.
They were everthing as advertised, nice sliding doors and a great visual display cage and I looked for any possible espcape methods and didn't see any obvious ones. Well, they loved their new homes and were exploring them and I even noticed that they got into the upper channel for the sliding doors, which I didn't think much off, as I did not see any obvious way for them to get out. Well, I was wrong.
Went out for the better part of Sunday afternoon, and lo and behold, when I got back home, the Kingsnake was about 3-4 inches sticking outside
the Visionarium, at the uppler left corner. Apparently the sliding glass doors does not fit all the way up in the channel, and the channel does not go all the way across and touch up against the front corner post.
Well, because of this flaw, there is about a 3/16" gap where all these three elements comes together. and the snake being a snake, managed to find the hole. I am not sure if the flaw is design one, or just that I managed to get one that had this flaw. Oh, and the snake that almost got out was approimately 14" long and 3/4" at its thickest.
Just thought that I would pass along this little warning to anyone else interested in a Visionarium, and while I still like the product, I just need to come up with a way of fixing this little flaw untill the snake gets bigger.

I have a piece of cardboard stuck up in the door tracks at both ends, in the middle, and one long piece going down the middle in between the doors. You're right, Visionariums are not a good choice for young/small snakes.

Self-adhesive weather striping works wonders at plugging holes and spaces around sliding glass panels.

We found out the hard way last year that Visionarium is not for neonates or small juveniles. Otherwise, they make good enclosures.

I never saw this style of viv up close but could you use a hot glue gun and apply some glue in the 3/8 " gap to fill the hole and return the snake after it cools Just a thought Good Luck :cheers:

Hot glue/weather stripping would work, but if you are not careful, the doors might bind up.
What I used was those plastic splines that holds reports together. They are the perfect size and if you jam them in the frame, they fit tight and the doors still slide nicely and the black plastic splines actually finishes of the look of the Visionarium, as you now have two black trim on the sides.

Back