• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Vivarium-sorry to bore you with the usual

Poison_girl

I am going to put my viv on my desk, but im not sure if it will be big enough will it be ok if it hangs over the edge? OPr will it fall? Or shall i drill a piece of Wood a bit bigger than the viv will be into my desk, the only problem is i have forgottern how big the vivarium is

Hey

The idea of scruwing in an extra piece of wood sounds good. Just make sure its stable and abel to take the weight.

Thanks
Alex

been there

hello, i had the same problem with a fifty five gallon of mine.. The only difference was, it was hanging off three inches on either side and it wasn't going to hold a snake.. it was for a shoal of red bellies I had. I called a bunch of pet stores and they all said if the tank wasnt going to be holding anything heavy over the sides hanging off (and water certaintly is) there wouldn't be a problem.. So if you're going to put sand down for leo's or beardies or something.. deffinetly go to lowe's or menards or your local hardware store and just pick up a thick piece of plywood to put under the tank.. the plywood can hang off, and most people won't even notice.. but if you're just putting down aspen for your corns.. don't sweat it at all.. and if you have a heavy water dish or anything else, just put it toward the middle.. Hope that helps.. Best of luck.. Ty..

if more than one sixth of the tank hangs off the end i would definately reccomend the idea to drilling wood to the desk, just make it strong enough to hold the tank and everything in it.

-lina

Back