• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Vivarium

nicali84

I'm looking to upgrade my snake's vivarium now as he is out growing his current home. Is this suitable for adult snakes, or are wooden vivs better:

http://www.exo-terra.com/media_exchange/high_res/products/images/PT-2613_Glass_Terrarium_Filled.jpg

He is in one of these now, but obviously a lot smaller. The only thing I'm worried about with this viv is, at the moment he pushes his nose against the ventalated top, and I worry that as he grows bigger he'll be able to push this open and escape?

What size viv is that? To me, it looks like it would be fine to house an adult, but if you could give us the dimensions, that'll give us a better idea. If you're worried about him pushing the top off, set a couple books on all of the corners. Another idea, most pet stores sell lid clips that you can get for about $3 and pop on the top. It'll make it darn near impossible for him to get out.

It's 36" x 18" x 18". The lid does clip in but I read a thread on here not so long ago where someone's snake pushed through the meshy bit!!

Thanks for the reply :) I'll prob get this which will hopefully last a couple of years? If I need a bigger one I can always upgrade again.

The minimum tank size that most adults are capable of spending the rest of their life in is a 20 long which if i'm not mistaken is something like 30x12x13. So that viv should be fine dimension wise.

Back