• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Wanted: Young Prairie King Snake

Wylie

Meet Sparkle... :D
Not for me, but for a friend. I have a good friend who lives in MO who is a long time owner of numerous snakes and she is currently looking for a Prairie King Snake to raise. It would be cool if I could help her out. Thanks. :)

Nope, just Missouri has pretty strict laws about keeping native reptiles. I would imagine you could get away with having one, (I started with a wild-caught pair, several years ago). But I doubt anyone would sell your friend one.

If she were to contact the Mo, DNR she could probably get a permit to keep and possibly breed Prairie Kings.

Yes, actually, I guess that Missouri calls it the DEPARTMENT OF CONSERVATION. If your friend is lucky, it will only take one or two calls, and then the DOC will then send them a packet, which your friend will have to fill out, and send back in, and a few weeks later, they will receive a permit. Cost for the permit, will depend on the type of permit. This is how it worked for me, in Illinois, anyway. Relatively painless, once you find someone that knows what you are looking for, and what you need to do to obtain it.
They will need to receive and retain a receipt, showing purchase date, Price, and Vendor Name.

Here is a link, it should help. I believe that it will tell you, what you need to know. Be aware, that if your friend wants to keep one Prairie king, the rules, and permits are abit different, then if they want to keep a pair, and or breed Prairie Kings. If they want to breed Prairie kings, they will need a breeding Permit. (But the link should explain that.) Once they obtain the proper permits, they should have no trouble, obtaining a Prairie king from a reputable breeder.

http://www.sos.mo.gov/adrules/csr/current/3csr/3c10-9.pdf

Good Luck!!:)

Back