• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Water Bowl

FlaStangBabe

Elmo & Molly's Mommy
Any particular way to clean the water bowl?...or just rinse it with hot water and fill it with cool water? :shrugs:

The bathroom is the closest tap to the vivs, so I use hot water and a brush (like what you can use to wash dishes) and some dish washing detergent. I give the bowls this scrubdown routine about twice a week and about once every 2 weeks or so they get a really super-dooper scrub with bleach and a very thorough rince.

I use the potato brush method myself and every 2-3 weeks I toss it in the dishwasher. Cleans all the germies off. I personally haven't had an issue with residue. I just make sure to rinse really well with hot water and allow to air dry.

i have a plastic reptile water dish...the one you find in petsmarts reptile section.... i dont think it can handle dishwasher heat...

Back