• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Water Question

Are you talking about the stuff you add to make the water safe? If your water has chloramines I'd say yes, but I give mine purified water just to be safe.

As mentioned before if your water has chlorimides in it you would need to use the reptisafe or another additive. Otherwise the water could be deadly for reptiles.

Where I live the water is safe for my snakes but one county south has to use the additives.

Until you know for sure use the bottled water or the additive. I personally would use the bottled water. You can pick it up by the gallon fairly cheap at most discount grocery stores.

Mike Pinkston

Wow Mike, welcome to the forum. ;)

I use bottled spring water most of the time for my snakes. Mostly to get rid of having to scrub the calcium buildup out of the bottoms of the bowls, rather than the chlorine/chloramine factor. We have a TON of minerals in our water. Blech.

I also use bottled water because I've tasted our tap water and its terrible. I wouldn't feel comfortable giving it to my pets.

Back