• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

watery stool...

norbert03

norbert and aelfric
last night i held a snake at a petstore and it went to the bathroom on the floor. the stool was VERY liquidy and there was a very small amount of white matter in the center of the mess. I guess it could be called diahrea. I am sure this is abnormal and a bad sign. Also, when the person helping me put the snake back she lifted up a piece of drift and underneath there was a tiny pinky and she mentioned the fact that he hasn't been eating. I was gonna offer to tease feed it, but I walked away instead, really erked. I complain a lot about this particular pet store and I will be doing something about it this time, I just wanted to be certain that the mess I described is a sign of a health issue. If anyone has any thoughts on what it might be I'd appreciate hearing them. Thanks.

"It's a carwash, ladies and gentlemen!!!" -Hedwig

norbert03 said:
the stool was VERY liquidy and there was a very small amount of white matter in the center of the mess.
This sounds like normal poo to me. They pee and poop at the same time and it kinda looks like bird droppings, with white and brown stuff and lots of liquid in it.

I didn't mean that they pee and THEN they poop. I ment that their pee and poop is mixed together, it comes out together, again, like a bird.

I am no poo judge but...

That sounds like normal poo to me too. If you are used to seeing the poo dry it is only hard white with hard brown, or maybe you are used to poo from a larger snake (RTB or Python) the poo can resemble dog poo but corn poo is usually as you described it.

Now elephant poo is a whole other subject! :sidestep:

definatley a normal poop there, i get to clean this all the time lol, one of the joys of owning a snake

ooo...

Sounds righ, normal.. I should know. She pooed all over me the other night.
Up close and personal.

Jeff

Back