• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

WC corn just shed what do you think?

darinskagen

I got this little WC girl a little over a month ago, she just shed and is looking good, I was just curious as to what you think of her.

WCCORN.jpg

I think she's not a corn, but she's pretty. Whats the top of her head look like? Her colors and pattern don't look quite right to be a corn, but I'm no expert either:D

Ive had several people say that they thought it was a hybrid from the pics, but the few breeders that have seen her all say she is a pure corn and i agree. she is a very unique color which is why she just doesn't seem like a corn. here is a bad washed out pic of her in blue. but you can see the pattern better.

PICT0039.jpg

Where from

I don't need the exact locality, but where was the animal collected. I see you are in Wyoming so odds are you purchased it? WC Anery corns are not uncommon. Not saying that is what it is for sure but it looks like a few of my anery corns. Also, is it male or female?

dc

Sorry, saw the sex!

Sorry, I missed it the first time I read it, you already said it was a female.

dc

She is out of south Florida there have been some anerys found in the same area she was collected but she dosent look like the few that have come from the same local. i know they are variable but she is not nearly as dark as the WC anerys from the same aria.

She is out of south Florida there have been some anerys found in the same area she was collected but she dosent look like the few that have come from the same local. i know they are variable but she is not nearly as dark as the WC anerys from the same aria.

I know the odds are probably insane, but it could be an anery that had escaped or was released by someone. It wouldn't be the first time someone released a snake they couldn't keep or sell into the "wilds" of Florida...:rolleyes:

thats always a possibility, unfortunately i have about two years tell i can put the anery theory to the test. im actually planing on breeding her to a ghost stripe to get the hypo gene and stripe into the project if she turns out to be something other than anery

She does appear to have some nice highlights that are not typical of WC Anerys but there is also a good chance she could be released by a previous owner. I hope this project pans out for you in situations like this I always stick to that good ole' saying anything can happen, look at how many different but visually similar morphs we have already; whats just one more?

Head does look corn that first pic made her look speckly for some reason. Probably released but very pretty girl:)

i basically feel no matter how it pans out shes a beautiful snake, and i figure after a year of growing ill have a better idea of what she is

the airea she was caught in is supposedly some what isolated, im hoping that its some new blood whatever she turns out to be. she is so much diffrent than any of the corns that i work with, i hope i can get some kids that look like her

dori.jpg

this is an example of a hatchling anery from that local

This snake looks like an aneryA corn. Look a the iris color, it matches the ground color (seems that way in the pic)

I know the odds are probably insane, but it could be an anery that had escaped or was released by someone. It wouldn't be the first time someone released a snake they couldn't keep or sell into the "wilds" of Florida...:rolleyes:

Odds aren't that insane. I had a high white reverse striped Cal King adult that was wild caught as an adult in South Carolina. I also seem to remember someone telling KJUN (years ago) that he cought a corn in Florida. When he bred it to an aneryA corn het amel, he got snows out of the clutch. SO, it is not that uncommon.

Is it just me, or does that first picture remind anybody else of the Yellow/Golden Okeetee? That was the first thing I thought of.
That's a beautiful snake, though! Keep us updated! :)

No offense to the original posted, but I think it was just a poor photo and the lighting is "playing tricks on your monitor". Still better than any of my pics, lol.

dc

No offense to the original posted, but I think it was just a poor photo and the lighting is "playing tricks on your monitor". Still better than any of my pics, lol.

dc

That's what I figured, too. It was just interesting that it reminded me of that. :)

This snake looks like an aneryA corn. Look a the iris color, it matches the ground color (seems that way in the pic)

Odds aren't that insane. I had a high white reverse striped Cal King adult that was wild caught as an adult in South Carolina. I also seem to remember someone telling KJUN (years ago) that he cought a corn in Florida. When he bred it to an aneryA corn het amel, he got snows out of the clutch. SO, it is not that uncommon.

dc

the one in that pic has turned out to be an anery a the first pic in the post is actually the closest ive gotten to the actual colors with this snake its ground is a little darker but the yellow saddles actually show yellow like the pics

DSCN0097.jpg

What ever it it, it sure is beautiful. Please post a progression thread, please! :)
And good luck proving her out! ;)

I'm surprised it hasn't come up already, but what about Caramel? It looks rather caramel-based... :shrugs:

D'ya think it might be a 'buf'? lol

It does look quite nice whatever it is so good luck proving it out.

Back