• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

WC polk County, Fl are they Caramels?

Snakehead

Bite Me! It's ok
Hi I think this is my first post here though I have been checking out this site for quite a while. I had a few snakes given to me by relatives and friends that they caught in my home town. They all seem to have some degree of hypomelanism going on, and these two look Caramel or even Amber to me? I thought I'd post them here and see what you guys think. Thanks for looking!

P1030121-1.jpg

Here's the male's belly.
P1020364-1.jpg

I don't believe they are anything but normal corns. There is too much black on the belly for it to be hypo, IMO. But they have a really nice look to them.

They look the same as most FL normals to me, I'm new to the whole morph thing still but for being raised in FL back country most my life they look normal.

Thanks

I don't believe they are anything but normal corns. There is too much black on the belly for it to be hypo, IMO. But they have a really nice look to them.

They definately have something going on with them. Here is an F1 baby from 2008. He has no black on the belly. I don't have a pic of the belly right.
P1020472-1.jpg

They look pretty typical to me even the F1. I have my own homegrown line of normals that I started using various localities from S. Florida. It is remarkable the variation you will see even one clutch; I had three distinct looking variations in my clutch last year from a Crimson x S. FL mix, some were Miami looking, a couple resembled Keys corns, and a few had thick borders and dark coloration. So really you can't expect every normal to have that 'generic' look that comes to mind when you think of normals or WC. Doesn't mean that there couldn't be a hidden trait in one of those WC but the chances are minimal only time and test breeding can tell if you have a reproducible genetic trait.

Yeah I'll have to see...

They look pretty typical to me even the F1. I have my own homegrown line of normals that I started using various localities from S. Florida. It is remarkable the variation you will see even one clutch; I had three distinct looking variations in my clutch last year from a Crimson x S. FL mix, some were Miami looking, a couple resembled Keys corns, and a few had thick borders and dark coloration. So really you can't expect every normal to have that 'generic' look that comes to mind when you think of normals or WC. Doesn't mean that there couldn't be a hidden trait in one of those WC but the chances are minimal only time and test breeding can tell if you have a reproducible genetic trait.

Yeah I'll have to see what results I have this year. I only got a couple babies from them in the past which look similar, but I have a clutch of 6 good eggs this year. I don't know why she doesn't give more good eggs. My other corns gave me much better results. Thanks for your input!

Back