• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

weezy?

Renosgirl

So my new guy seems to be weezy. I noticed a couple nights ago that he was sneezing a lot but it was just that one night and didn't happen again so I didn't think anything of it, but now just playing with him I noticed his breathing is weezy..

Now does this need to be seen tomorrow? or is wednesday okay to wait? (the next day i have off)

Is there "stuff" on the sides of the tank that would indicate snot/mucous?
Are there bubbles coming out of his mouth or nose?

You can bump up his temps a couple degrees, which might help, but if you suspect a RI (repiratory infection) he needs to see a vet.

Is he your only snake? If not, is he in quarentine? RI's are contagious.

I don't think it is RI, but I don't know cause he doesn't have any other signs. He doesn't have any musous or discharge, and he's not in blue either.

I made an appointment for tomorrow morning before work. I will turn up the temps a little bit when I get home just in case.

And no he is not my only other snake but he is on the other side of the room from my other snake and they have never been anywhere near each other and I always make sure I wash my hands between the play sessions. Should I move him completely out of the room?

I check out my other snake and she seems perfectly fine.

Back