• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

weight question??

tommymamba

my cornsnake is 4 months old and she weights 65 grams is this a normal weight? how much does your 4 months old snakes weight?? i'm just curious. excuse me for the english.:rofl:

All of my 6 month old corns (give or take a month) weight anywhere from 10 grams to 50 grams. I feed every 7 days.

If anything, I'd say you might want to cut back a bit on how much you are feeding. That is a lot of grams in such a short period of time.

My corn is almost 5 months old and is 13 grams. She's a runt. I feed every 6 days. I should really bump that up to 5.

Ah a fellow countryman :) mine is 7 months and 30 grams. didn't eat well for a long time though.

thank you all for the help. i think she's just a big girl.
Ah a fellow countryman mine is 7 months and 30 grams. didn't eat well for a long time though.
from where are you in belgium?

I have 3 corns that are more or less about 6 months old each, one is 50 grams, one is 46 grams and the other is 39 grams.

I agree that she looks a little chubby, but it doesn't look like a serious problem. She is gorgeous, by the way!

My heaviest '08 corn weighs 29 grams, and she hatched in late July. The majority of them weigh between 9 grams (the runt of the group) and 18 grams. They are fed every 5 days. Most of my '07s weigh around 65 grams (it varies from about 35 to 180, but those are definitely two extremes) and are fed once a week. Are you positive about her age? Or was it a guess from the store you got her from?

I also agree that she looks a bit chubby, I would maybe cut her back a hair (add another day between feedings maybe, or try 'peach fuzzies' if you can get them) and try to get her a bit more exercise. Otherwise though, very nice looking snake! I have an '07 girl that looks pretty similar.

hi everybody,dont know if this is the right place to post this,but reading these threads u are all worrying me cos my snake is about 14inches long and weighs 8grams.I feed a pinkie every 5 days does that sound right .Anybody!!!!!!

Sounds good, claire. Just keep on that feeding schedule and your snake will grow in time. Some snakes are slower than others.

Back