• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Well that could have gone better

progressive74

Well after leaving my corn well and truly along for that last three days i decide it was time to feed him. i am not sure who was more nervous him or me. when i put my hand in the viv he was all over the place trying to get away. i got hold of him and took him in to the lounge to feed so that i would have plenty of room to manouver(pinky et al ready and waiting) after putting him in the tub he decided to try and feed on me? not sure why i had cleaned my hands after handling the pinky perhaps it was a defensive nip, took about a minute for him to settle down(including a couple of escape attempt to get behind the tv) once he has settled down he homed in on the pinky and began to line him self up took a few attempts becase he started side on but after that he chomped away. he is now back in the viv and hiding, and i am of for a beer. hopefully this will get easier and he will calm down

enjoy the beer

At least the little guy did eat. That is always a good sign.
I will get easier. You will both get used to it.

There's a one in 500 chance, though

that you'll get a Spawn of Satan! This photo was taken after 5 minutes of gentle handling (and being chewed on). He wasn't hungry...

In all seriousness, these are very rare and usually destroyed if they don't calm by 6 months. The little hiss n' nips are very normal with hatchlings. You have a big hand, they are tiny little guys, with no experience in the world, just instinct. They almost always stop these schenanegans by the time you can even feel the bite.

Attachments

• gunner 014_3.jpg
    gunner 014_3.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 124
Yeah enjoy the break...it does get easier...as long as they ARE eating.

CHEERS!

Attachments

• beer.gif
    beer.gif
    2.2 KB · Views: 115
progressive74 - it actually sounds as if it went really well - relax and you might even enjoy it next time! ;)
As everyone says - he ate - without suspicion - with you watching - congratulations.

elrojo - we have one just like that - that pic could have been taken at our house - we named him Jaws.

Skye

Jaws, that's cute

Do you have room for JUST ONE more!?! He needs a home...:D

:p

just be grateful you bought a cornsnake. PG74..
after reading some other snake forum`s i can say that corns are easy to handle and unlikely to bite their owners.. unlike some other species out there.. Emeral Tree Boa anyone? most ETB owners where chain mail to handle their snakes :p

thanks elrojo, but I have only so many fingers
kind of you to offer though!
Skye

Back